cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chloraphil
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps form not loading properly on DispForm.aspx / EditForm.aspx (Custom list forms)

I have a SharePoint list with customized list forms via PowerApps. Everything works fine if I launch the form from the list, but I also have emails that get sent by Power Automate, which include links to the Edit form (ex: <site url>/Lists/<listName>/EditForm.aspx?ID=17. After clicking the link, the correct data does not load - instead it loads the data for the "first" item in the list (ID = 1 if present, otherwise ID 2, etc). If i refresh the page then the correct data loads.

I added a label to the form to show the value of "SharePointIntegration.Selected.ID" and it shows the ID matching whatever is otherwise shown on the form (1 if not correct, otherwise the correct ID).

I've confirmed this issue on a "fresh" list and brand new custom list form, with no actual customizations other than adding labels to the form. This occurs on both Chrome and Edge. I've deleted the cache, cookies, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I can't give you a complete answer, but I can point you in the right direction.  If you go into the list with the custom Power App form and edit an item you will see a copy link button up by the Save and Cancel at the top of the form.  That will provide you a link to that particular entry in a form that is editable.  The link is a sharing link that is created when you click on the button.  You can use that to get a link that you can email.  It looks something like this

<<SiteURL>>/Lists/Parent/DispForm.aspx?ID=4&e=DBtY6X

I'm not sure where the e=DBtY6X comes from.  Its slightly different for each link.  I assume its got something to do with the sharing link being created.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
chloraphil
Frequent Visitor

Hi PStork1, I have the same issue when using the link from the "copy link" functionality as you describe. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,460)