cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

PowerApps form not opening from Sharepoint List

Hi,

We have an issue in our PowerApps from yesteday . We have a sharepoint list and we are using a PowerApp form in the list. Now, when we clicked "New" button , PowerApps form is not opening. 

I have tried republishing the app , but that dosent work .

Session ID: 532e6c9e-e9ba-49ee-bafc-be0787c13b13
PowerApps 3.19092.12

Can anyone plesae help?

Thanks,

YV

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a lot of running around with this one, I am most confident that this is a third party cookie issue. If your work browser settings block third party cookies, customised forms from PowerApps break down. I have tried accessing the forms through my personal phone and they work fine. (Good luck getting your company to change 3rd party cookie settings for you and your users...)

According to our IT, "Sharepoint Classic" works in a different way, not requiring the use of 3rd party cookies. Hence the forms still load up there. 

Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi All,

I am facing same issue..

New and Edit function is not working on Google  Chrome  but its working on IE.

Please let me know how we can resolve this issue or should be move from SharePoint to some different portal. 

Advocate II
Advocate II

I am having the same issue, Sharepoint "new" and "edit" will not launch PowerApp form in Google Chrome. Works in IE but we have legacy Macs so Safari doesn't work either. FireFox appears to be working. What a pain. Switching to Classic works, but we have tens of thousands of list items so thats not an option. What a mess.

Frank

Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same issue since last week. PowerApps forms on SharePoint lists are not opening in Chrome anymore. What I noticed: when you go to a list with this problem and then click on another list on the same site with a standard SharePoint form and then go back to the list with the problem, then it suddenly works. Press F5 to refresh and then it stops working again. I see this behaviour on multiple sites.

@FvdH how you described this issue is exactly the same we are encountering.

It's a Chrome-specific issue, and it started on Wednesday morning.

It affects all custom Canvas apps that are integrated w/ SharePoint lists.

Advocate IV
Advocate IV

To those still encountering this issue, there is a more active thread on this topic:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/New-or-Edit-buttons-on-SharePoint-l...

The issue is due to JSON formatting and Chrome. Still unresolved.

I had the same issue and your workaround resolves it. Now I need to understand if Microsoft will fix it and when... what's the best way?

Advocate II
Advocate II

I filed a ticket with Microsoft and one of their engineers called me this morning. I did Teams with him and showed him exactly what was happening....... he needs to chat with the developers, I think it threw him for a loop. The engineer is going to call me back after a meeting with them. I'll keep you guys posted.   I am hoping for a fix as this has really impacted our production.

Thanks @frankzinck for your efforts to get this corrected. Much appreciated.

Advocate II
Advocate II

I spoke to Microsoft about our issue yesterday and the engineer was going to talk to their Development team and this morning our SharePoint custom forms PowerAPP is now working in Google Chrome...... Coincidence? It looks like the Chrome version hasn't changed but it's now working so something on Microsoft end I expect.  Anyone else's working now? You may need to open a ticket with Microsoft.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (98,038)