cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefkyth
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps form not opening from Sharepoint List

After a lot of running around with this one, I am most confident that this is a third party cookie issue. If your work browser settings block third party cookies, customised forms from PowerApps break down. I have tried accessing the forms through my personal phone and they work fine. (Good luck getting your company to change 3rd party cookie settings for you and your users...)

According to our IT, "Sharepoint Classic" works in a different way, not requiring the use of 3rd party cookies. Hence the forms still load up there. 

AshJain

Hi All,

I am facing same issue..

New and Edit function is not working on Google  Chrome  but its working on IE.

Please let me know how we can resolve this issue or should be move from SharePoint to some different portal. 

frankzinck

I am having the same issue, Sharepoint "new" and "edit" will not launch PowerApp form in Google Chrome. Works in IE but we have legacy Macs so Safari doesn't work either. FireFox appears to be working. What a pain. Switching to Classic works, but we have tens of thousands of list items so thats not an option. What a mess.

Frank

FvdH

I have the same issue since last week. PowerApps forms on SharePoint lists are not opening in Chrome anymore. What I noticed: when you go to a list with this problem and then click on another list on the same site with a standard SharePoint form and then go back to the list with the problem, then it suddenly works. Press F5 to refresh and then it stops working again. I see this behaviour on multiple sites.

LukeC

@FvdH how you described this issue is exactly the same we are encountering.

It's a Chrome-specific issue, and it started on Wednesday morning.

It affects all custom Canvas apps that are integrated w/ SharePoint lists.

LukeC

To those still encountering this issue, there is a more active thread on this topic:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/New-or-Edit-buttons-on-SharePoint-l...

The issue is due to JSON formatting and Chrome. Still unresolved.

Alex-G
Level: Power Up

I had the same issue and your workaround resolves it. Now I need to understand if Microsoft will fix it and when... what's the best way?

Highlighted
frankzinck

I filed a ticket with Microsoft and one of their engineers called me this morning. I did Teams with him and showed him exactly what was happening....... he needs to chat with the developers, I think it threw him for a loop. The engineer is going to call me back after a meeting with them. I'll keep you guys posted.   I am hoping for a fix as this has really impacted our production.

PhilD
Level 8

Thanks @frankzinck for your efforts to get this corrected. Much appreciated.

frankzinck

I spoke to Microsoft about our issue yesterday and the engineer was going to talk to their Development team and this morning our SharePoint custom forms PowerAPP is now working in Google Chrome...... Coincidence? It looks like the Chrome version hasn't changed but it's now working so something on Microsoft end I expect.  Anyone else's working now? You may need to open a ticket with Microsoft.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,320)