Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillEdz
Advocate I
Advocate I

PowerApps in Teams showing the incorrect Date format

Hello

So today I added a PowerApp to one of our Team channels. When the app loads in the desktop version of Teams it uses the US date format. It's fine on the Web Version of Teams (UK Format)

I've checked the language settings in Teams (desktop) and the language is set to UK. The keyboard layout cant be changed from US to UK.

The regional settings are all set correctly on Windows 10.

Anyone else come across this? Have I forgotten to do something?

Will

26 REPLIES 26

Thanks I've added my vote to that as well. The more we can get them to look at it hopefully the correct solution will be developed.

Tim

Hey,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Could you please provide your session id when running the power apps in teams to help us diagnose the issue?

You can get it by doing alt + right click on the powerapp once it is loaded within teams.

Thanks!

@cherie 

Session ID: b9ff04ac-2cf9-46a6-8c2f-8a693a8cefeb
Power Apps 3.20013.28

Hope you can figure this one out quickly

WIll

@cherie 

My session details are:

Session ID: ab55e9bb-f4f8-4c6d-abe2-5d281858814c
Power Apps 3.20013.28

Regards

Tim

Hey, thank you for the info. We've identified it as a bug in our product and we are working on fixing this. I will keep you posted on the fix.

Cool I was starting to wonder if it was something I was doing wrong 🙂 don't suppose you have any idea how long it might take to fix? The role out of teams is seriously delayed by this

@cherie 

I've figured out how to get the PowerApp To Display £'s instead of $'s in Teams.

Text(ThisItem.'Expense Value',"[$-en-GB]£###.00")   - Displays in $

Text(ThisItem.'Expense Value',"[$-en-US]£###.00")    - Displays in £

I should have thought of this earlier.....

Will

Yes that is a workaround if you specifically want it to display in a currency. We are still working on a fix and when I know an ETA of it rolling out, I will let you know.

Hey,

Thank you for your patience. The fix will roll out in the next week. I'll post another update when the fix is out.

Thanks!

Cherie

The fix has been fully deployed

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,482)