Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillEdz
Advocate I
Advocate I

PowerApps in Teams showing the incorrect Date format

Hello

So today I added a PowerApp to one of our Team channels. When the app loads in the desktop version of Teams it uses the US date format. It's fine on the Web Version of Teams (UK Format)

I've checked the language settings in Teams (desktop) and the language is set to UK. The keyboard layout cant be changed from US to UK.

The regional settings are all set correctly on Windows 10.

Anyone else come across this? Have I forgotten to do something?

Will

26 REPLIES 26

I've run Check for Updates in the Teams client this morning, and gone to my power app and I'm still seeing $ when I expect to see £ do I need to do anything else?

Hmm. Could be some caching issue, can you provide a session id for me to look into? Alt + right click on the power app.

Thanks!

I've just gone in to check and still same result as this morning

Session ID: ee426ffa-2453-48f5-9dc3-0af60cbe2cff
Power Apps 3.20021.24

Oh, can I ask how did you add your tab? Did you use our Add to teams functionality from make.powerapps.com or did you use our powerapps tile?

Thanks

Cherie

I used app studio.

Ah okay, could you update your manifest to add the following parameter to the content url listed in step 9 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/embed-app-teams) to

&locale={locale}

So for the app you gave me a session for, it should be

https://apps.powerapps.com/play/5a04f601-c903-4ccf-a8ae-3603da2f8bfd?source=teamstab&locale={locale}

Teams will fill in the actual language of that you selected and then it should work.

I will work on having someone update the documentation to include that.

I've updated the link in the manifest in App Studio, I've also seen that United Kingdom is also listed as a default language choise in App Studio so I've set that. Updated the App in Teams and I'm pleased to report this is now showing the correct currency symbol and date format in my app without me having to change any app code.

Thank you for getting this fixed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,637)