Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthernJT
Regular Visitor

PowerApps in browser on Mobile - App Download Nag Screen

Hello,

Screenshot_20210915-124546_Chrome.jpg

I'm currently in the process of getting an app together for a business case, we're using InTune and Galaxy A32 devices - I have pushed the PowerApp using a Web Link to the devices instead of having to use the PowerApps application.

Is there a way to stop the nag screen to download the app on launch of a PowerApp in browser, as weirdly, my PowerApp performs better in the browser than it does via the PowerApps Android application and to avoid confusion for staff.

Wondered if there was something similar to the HideNavBar in the URL for this!

Thanks

JT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is a little weird that it performs better in Browser, but i'm not gonna complain since i'm pushing the app via InTune as a full screen Web App.

I've actually managed to sort this by adding "&skipMobileRedirect=1" on the end of the Web App URL which does stop the screen asking to launch the PowerApps app!

The more you know!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @NorthernJT ,

That is the first time I have had anyone comment the browser experience on a mobile device is better than the app - generally the opposite is the case. In answer to your question, no - this seems to be a built-in function (it is in all sorts of things including Teams and SharePoint) when you try to open them in a browser and the app is not installed).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

It is a little weird that it performs better in Browser, but i'm not gonna complain since i'm pushing the app via InTune as a full screen Web App.

I've actually managed to sort this by adding "&skipMobileRedirect=1" on the end of the Web App URL which does stop the screen asking to launch the PowerApps app!

The more you know!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,366)