Advocate II

PowerApps integration with Network Printer

Is there a way achive print from PowerApps to network Printer

8 REPLIES 8
Pranav_Shroti
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi Prasad,

Printer support is not there in PowerApps right now.

The option you can try is to post the values from PowerApps to another app/excel using MS Flow and then print from there.

Hope this helps,

Pranav

Hi Pranov,

You have any refrence links to achive post the values from PowerApps to another app/excel using MS Flow and then print from there.

Thanks,

Prasad Huddar

Hi @PrasadPowerApps 

You can refer to one of my blogs while tells you how you can print the data from a gallery control and the file is opeed in a new tab once the pdf is created.

Hi yash,

I gone throgh your blob but I didnt find the any thing on Printer related. How to intergrate Local network printer to Powerapps so I can print genarated PDF.

Thanks,

Prasad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am i signed in?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yash,

A was looking how to print and have come across your example. You are a pro that is way in front of me. It is very complex but no doubt complete. For my purposes I will just have to sit in a darkened room for a few hours to extract a simple version. Probably more than a few hours.

Should you ever get a chance to spell out how to take one list item with a couple of fields and put it on paper without any sophistication then that would be really helpful.

Many thanks, Richard

Hey @PrasadPowerApps 

Direct printer connection is not supported on powerapps, that's why as a workaround, I suggested to create a file on Sharepoint and print it from there.

Hey @Anonymous 

Can you please more details about the scenario that you are trying to achieve? Based on the description, do you want to select an item through gallery/data table and print it on a paper? Please share more details so that I might be able to help you better. There is a way you can do this using word templates (basically populate a template with the record you select using flow and then you can open that file url returned from sharepoint in the browser to finally print it). Not the most efficent ways but until PowerApps releases a print feature we can use this one. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,474)