cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zubinar

PowerApps is not Feeding specific data onto Excel as expected

Hi all. Ill try to explain my problem as clearly as I can. 

I have created a PowerApp that is directly connected to an excel document stored within OneDrive. This app is a questionnaire style app in answering a set of questions and each response generates a new row within the linked excel document within OneDrive. 

My form table has 164 different questions. This means I have 164 columns linked to my form table. Each of the responses are linked to another table which generates the data onto excel.  Now I have an issue where 4 of my 164 responses are not generating any data at all. I have expected my data to be an integer value based on another table within the excel document. 

The weird thing is, the responses from my other 160 question does generate values indented and they are all being referenced by the same table where the responses are being fed from. 

Am I experiencing a PowerApp Bug or Limitation? I have tried changing the form and changing the question set table. Both dont seem to work. 

I have attached screenshots showcasing my excel document and evidence that the form questions have been linked to the best of my knowledge. 

I hope I explained the problem as best I can. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zubinar ,

Do you mean that you could update successfully in 160 columns, not successfully in 4 columns?
Yes, this is excel's limit for PowerApps.

I'm afraid there' no very cleared limitation for column number in excel.

However, I'm pretty sure too many columns will lead problems.

Two solutions:
1)split your excel to two tables, each one has 82 columns

2)try to use sharepoint or CDS or SQL Server as your data source

PowerApps has less limitations for these three data sources.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,440)