cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ManuVE
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps is sending the wrong date only with few users

Hello Communty ! 

I'm new using Power Apps, I have done my first app, but there is a problem. 

My app is like a check in, and it looks like this.

ManuVE_0-1651001197967.png

The Problem here is the "Fecha" or Date field, as you can see it have the current Date, I have done this by writing the following code in its default function: 

Text(Now();"dd-mm-yyyy")

At this point all is OK, the button "Entrada" sends all the information contained in the fields to a sharepoint list. Buuuut... I've noticed in my sharepoint list that some users ( around 5 users) are sending the wrong Date. 

ManuVE_1-1651001560930.png

As you can see, the date is wrong, i have already checked with users and when they run the app, the field "Fecha" or date displays the correct Date, however when the data is send to the sharepoint list, for some reason the Date isn't registered correctly .

I hope U can Help me to solve this! Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ManuVE
Frequent Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz warren, I was very bussy trying to find a solution tho this issue. an I have found it! 

I'm going to explain something.

I have been in touch with users, i have checked their timezone and date and they have the same configuration as me.

The only thing that we have different is the languaje our web browser (Microsoft Edge), and when they set the languaje to Spanish (Because we are in Mexico) the issue is no more.

I have been trying solutions and I found that if i change the formula from Text(Now();"dd-mm-yyyy")

to Text(Today();"dd-mm-yyyy") it works! regarless of the Web Browser languaje.

I hope this post can help someone else.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ManuVE ,

I know this is an obvious question, but two things - are these users in your time zone and if so have they checked the time and date on their device?

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Yup, they are in my time zone and i have checked the date on their devices, the Dates are correct . 

Hi @ManuVE ,

Those are the only two explanations I know of for date differentials between users on the same system. I also assume your SharePoint site has the same time zone ?

Sorry for the delay, I was checking the Time Zone for my Sharepoint Site, and yes the site also has the same Time Zone

@ManuVE .

Sorry, but these is nowhere else I know to go with this - time difference in individual will always generally be device or time zone related.

ManuVE
Frequent Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz warren, I was very bussy trying to find a solution tho this issue. an I have found it! 

I'm going to explain something.

I have been in touch with users, i have checked their timezone and date and they have the same configuration as me.

The only thing that we have different is the languaje our web browser (Microsoft Edge), and when they set the languaje to Spanish (Because we are in Mexico) the issue is no more.

I have been trying solutions and I found that if i change the formula from Text(Now();"dd-mm-yyyy")

to Text(Today();"dd-mm-yyyy") it works! regarless of the Web Browser languaje.

I hope this post can help someone else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,123)