Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

PowerApps list form "Save" button on the ribbon updating a column

Hello,

I have a powerapps form on a sharepoint list. When I click the save button on the top ribbon it updates a column. I dont remember configuring this action. I looked at the onsave property of the SharePoint Integration in the form. The column has no default value. Can someone help me where to update it ?

savebutton.JPG

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps list form "Save" button on the ribbon updating a column

Are you saying that when you click the Save button that a column in SharePoint is being updated even though you didn't update the field in the PowerApps form? If so, does the SharePoint column have a default value?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@Jeff_Thorpe 

Yes, the field gets updated with a value when I click save on the ribbbon even though I do nothing on the form. The field does not have any default value in sharepoint and its a single line text field.

I copied the list to reciprocate the issue but I dont see it on the new list which does not have a powerapps form with it.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Can you add a button to the screen with the formula listed below. Then update a few fields on the form and click on the button.

Set(gvFormUpdates, SharePointForm1.Updates)

Then you will want to go to View > Variables > Global > gvFormUpdates

This will show you all the changes that the form is going to send to SharePoint. Does the field that gets mysteriously updated show a value in this change record? If not, then the issue is on the SharePoint side. If you see the mysteriously update in the variable then you need to take a closer look at what is happening with the DataCard and control for that field in PowerApps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,397)