cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelWu
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps loading Azure SQL data hangs/slow

From time to time, loading data from Azure SQL in our apps hangs or extremely slow. (The "above dots" keep running forever). But seems like after 10-15 mins or so, after reopen the app the speed would come back to normal. We found out that if we create another exactly same connection but with different name, when everytime the app hangs, we ask our users to switch to the second connection, and the app can run correctly. They have to do this like below:

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

This issue constantly occurs, so our users have to switch the connection all the time which we got a lot of complains. Not quire sure what caused the hangs/slow, it looks like to me the session/tread got stuck for some reason, and then got killed by times out after a period of time, and then the connection can be used again...

I dont know if there is something wrong that we did in the app like we need to close the connection somewhere or....The session ID is: 13c72e33-9469-4f12-99ae-54203e88b3e9

Has anyone had the similar issues? Any help would be highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @michaelWu,

Please take a look at the following blog:

Performance considerations with PowerApps

Follow the advices (Optimization) mentioned in the blog above, if issue still insists, please consider generate a Fiddler trace for further analyze.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've read this article before. It was great but I think this time there is something wrong with connection to Azure DB. At least there are 2 more posts that report the same thing:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Azure-SQL-Server-database-calls-takes-minutes...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Slowness-With-Connection-To-SQL-Server/td-p/9...

I think Powerapps team need to check the connection with Azure DB if so many people have the same issue. Thanks.

A year later, this is a real problem.  A post above recommends "follow the advices(sic)" of an extremely lengthy and difficult to understand article, written to an audience of presumably non-programmers, since that is who PowerApps is marketted toward.  Is this an attempt to shut people up reporting the problem?  The fact of the matter is, a query should take less than 1 second is now taking 15 minutes to load!  This is not an optimization issue, but a serious error in the system!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,039)