cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DougPearce
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps loads mixed or different data from SQL

Hi,

I have built a few apps, all using SQL Server as the data source. We're experiencing an issue where data that loads into galleries is either mixed or different than what it should be. If the user closes the app and reopens, it usually loads correctly the next time. 

For example, in the first screenshot, the user sees two line items in the gallery named "Mortality". When I open the app to troubleshoot, I see the correct list as shown in the second screenshot. 

Another example is loading a set of questions are loaded into the wrong category of a nested gallery. Again, when the user closes and reopens the app, the correct questions load into the correct category. 

The common denominator appears to be the gallery, but any ideas why this occurs and how to not have that happen? Thanks!

DougPearce_0-1602173295244.png 

DougPearce_1-1602173389059.png

2 REPLIES 2
eliz_talent
Helper II
Helper II

Hi!

How many ecords do you have in the table?

Do you have warnings for the filter?

I have this issue often when there are more then 500 records in datasource.

You should avoid wornings in formulas and increase data limit from 500 records to 2000

Hey!

In the example with the screenshots, that table only has 5 (five) records and that gallery pull directly from the table; I'm not dropping that data into a collection. Other data with larger record counts I do create collections for. 

The other example where questions are loaded into a nested gallery, that data is dropped into a collection first. 

For each, I do not have any warnings in any formulas; always strive to make sure there aren't any. 

For all apps I build, the first thing I do is to always increase the Data Row Limit to 2000. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,470)