Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PytByt
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

PowerApps minimum specification for mobile phone

Hi All..

I recently develop an mobile app stock counting using PowerApps, and it require users to use their phone's camera to scan barcodes.

Unfortunately, some user is having some difficulties to scan barcode because it hard to make the camera focus. Some other users also having difficulties to run the App smoothly even though they all already reach the spec from here: 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

Therefore, i need to know exactly the recommended/minimum specification for a mobile phone to run the powerapps perfectly. Or is there any specific model that i should look into?

Please give me your thoughts and insights.

Thank you,

BR.

pytbyt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PytByt ,

Yeah, you are right. Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to Mobile device itself rather than PowerApps App.

Please consider take a try to run your app using Mobile device with nice camera focus. If you would like these features to be improved in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MikeHung
Regular Visitor

Thank you for reporting this!

Can you share more information about which phone you have tested that is encountering the difficulties you have described? We have seen cases when a phone is low on battery, the camera performance can degrade. Please provide us additional details of the device your users encountered this, so we can help look into this some more for you.

Thank you!

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PytByt ,

Firstly, please make sure the version of your PowerApps Mobile App and the Mobile device is the latest version. There are some updates OS requirements for Mobile device, please check the following blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/changes-to-os-requirements-for-powerapps-mobile-app/

In addition, please make sure there is enough RAM memory in your Mobile device to run PowerApps Mobile App. There are also some performance tips you need to know in PowerApps, please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xida-msft 

Thank for the insight, i already read the blog and implement the optimization such as clear collect on App start and concurrent formula, etc. 

But somehow My users are still having trouble scanning barcodes and lags in opening the app. 

Is there any specific processor requirement that i should consider? or any other requirements? for Android devices specially.

Regards,

pytbyt

Hi @MikeHung 

thanks for the reply.

FYI,

some of my user still using low processor spec like snapdragon 425/435 series with 3GB or 4GB ram. For Example, Vivo Y55. Even though the camera seems do able for scanning, but actually is not. 

I really need to know the exact spec for mobile devices, specially Android for Power Apps running smoothly. Not just the Android version is 7 above and the ram should be 4GB at least information (just like we already knew and found in the web)

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards.

pytbyt

Hi @PytByt ,

Currently, there is no specific processor requirement for Android device in PowerApps. If you would like to get further help in this issue, please submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

If these users are still have trouble scanning barcodes, you could also consider enable the old Barcode scanner feature -- Web barcode scanner within Advanced settings of App settings of your app as below:

1.JPG

then you could add the old barcode scanner control in your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Hi @v-xida-msft 

Thanks for the reply

I honestly think that the user devices is the main problem. I mean specifically is the user device camera in this scanning context. 

In my opinion, when we try a few or more Android based OS devices (phone or tablet) we can notice that the camera is not very suitable for the scanning. 

Is there any recommend camera specification for Android devices for Power Apps scanning feature? or are you saying that Power Apps dont have such specific specification which is a shame from my side... 

Anw,
Thanks a billion for insight.

Regards,

pytbyt

Hi @PytByt ,

Have you taken a try with the older barcode scanner control in your app?

Currently, there is no recommend camera specification for Android devices in PowerApps. Please make sure the version of your Android device is the latest version to access the new features released in PowerApps.

Best regards,

Hi @v-xida-msft 

Yes, i tried with the older barcode scanner control. Well, it just seems some device with Android 7 and ram 3GB or 4 GB and a standard camera is not applicable with power apps which have scanning features that require nice camera focus... 

Bummer.

Hi @PytByt ,

Yeah, you are right. Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to Mobile device itself rather than PowerApps App.

Please consider take a try to run your app using Mobile device with nice camera focus. If you would like these features to be improved in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,208)