cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BryanHuang11
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps multiple checkbox items to Sharepoint choice column Checkboxes(allow multiple selection)

Hi All, 

I have a SharePoint list with a Choice Column RequestType, which consist of different request type based on the user selection. I have created checkbox controls for each type of request on the PowerApp custom form and I like to push the selected checkbox values from the PowerApp form to the RequestType column in the SharePoint list.

I'm getting an error message: Expected text value. Not sure what went wrong

Thank you for the support,

SharePoint List

Shaepoint RequestType.PNG

PowerApps default.PNG

PowerApps RequestType.PNG

Regards,

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BryanHuang11
Frequent Visitor

Re: PowerApps multiple checkbox items to Sharepoint choice column Checkboxes(allow multiple selection)

Hi Phoebe, 

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Yes i want to use check boxes to update my multiple choice column in Sharepoint list.

I have double check my require column in sharepoint and Powerapps, they are all update. 

It is working fine if creating PowerApps from Sharepoint site. I want to build a Powerapps from scratch which can be used on Desktop application. 

I applied the same formula on PowerApps custom blank form.  Not sure where i get it wrong 

Error message: Expected text value

Regards,

Bryan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps multiple checkbox items to Sharepoint choice column Checkboxes(allow multiple selection)

Hi @BryanHuang11 ,

Do you want to use check boxes to update your multiple choice column?

I've tried your formula, but not found anything wrong. I updated successfully.

Could you tell me where did your error message appear?

I need to kown whcih property has problem.

Here's my test:

my choice is : test1,test2,test3,test4,test5,test6,test7

I firstly unlock the requesttype datacard, then delete the combo box.

Insert 7 check boxs.

Set all check boxes' Default like this:

If(Checkbox1.Text in First(fruit1234).RequestType.Value,true,false)
If(Checkbox2.Text in First(fruit1234).RequestType.Value,true,false)

Set the datacard's Update:

ForAll(Split(Concatenate(If(Checkbox1.Value,Checkbox1.Text&",",""),If(Checkbox2.Value,Checkbox2.Text&",",""),If(Checkbox3.Value,Checkbox3.Text&",",""),If(Checkbox4.Value,Checkbox4.Text&",",""),If(Checkbox5.Value,Checkbox5.Text&",",""),If(Checkbox6.Value,Checkbox6.Text&",",""),If(Checkbox1.Value,Checkbox7.Text,"")),","),{Value:Result})

This works good for me.

Please check whether you have required column, do not forget to update it!.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BryanHuang11
Frequent Visitor

Hi Phoebe, 

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Yes i want to use check boxes to update my multiple choice column in Sharepoint list.

I have double check my require column in sharepoint and Powerapps, they are all update. 

It is working fine if creating PowerApps from Sharepoint site. I want to build a Powerapps from scratch which can be used on Desktop application. 

I applied the same formula on PowerApps custom blank form.  Not sure where i get it wrong 

Error message: Expected text value

Regards,

Bryan

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,315)