cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xzDan
Level 8

PowerApps not clearing memory? Eror occured on server?

1)

I have an app that has several screens

On the main screen I hit a button to go to the next and pull through data for a specific date into a gallery. This data is pulled via a 'clearcollect', and the gallery lists this data.

On the 'Back' button, I clear the collection first.

Going to that same button again and repeating, I am finding that the memory usage increases and never goes back to where it was.

Edit: I just tested something. I set a date to a specific one, refreshed, set it to another, refreshed, and then back to the first date and the refresh was instant. Refreshing to the second was again instant. This is making me think that the memory is not freed at all but cached? Can this be undone?

2) In the direct link for the app, refreshing the data doesnt even work, I get 'error occured on the server'. In the SharePoint embed, it works fine.

Edit: Now I published my app and I get error occured on the start of the app, although it doesnt seem to affect anything?

3) Is there any way to allocate memory for each screen only when it is actually visible? From my understanding, they are 'there' even though I am not on that screen. Or is there a way to force a clear of all memory used?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,334)