cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
versdev1
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps not functioning

Hi,

I wanted to continue working on my PowerApps solution, but today it does not function properly. This in EDIT mode while I am developing. The modal windows are shown by default because the OnVisible where I set my variable for modal window is not functioning. Navigation doesn't work, the fields are all over the place because the relative positioning is no longer working, there is connect to data source on the form even though the data source has been set. Everything was working last night. It all started happening today. Combo boxes DisplayField property is not read and defaults to ID values.

It seems that PowerApps doesn't read properly the files and I need to redo variables, formulas, DisplayFields etc. Has there been update to PowerApps which has caused all these issues? In short, PowerApps is not working at the moment.

Could you please help?!

24 REPLIES 24

Hi Chass,

It was  fine for a couple of hours on Friday, but now seems to have gone pear shaped again. Think it happened on Friday night ZA time (US Friday afternoon).  I picked it up Saturday morning our time.

Field locations in my gallery display perfectly in Studio Edit Mode, but in Studio Preview and in Runtime they are not rendering properly - they all seem to be misaligned.  Samples below:

This is the layout in studio edit mode which is correct

LaelH_0-1614588487872.png

This is the layout in Studio Preview Mode and Runtime which is a mess

LaelH_1-1614588554610.png

Please investigate and get back? 

Many thanks

Regards

Lael

markfleet
Advocate II
Advocate II

I too am still having issues. Initially when loading an app in the Studio the first screen renders correctly. When I switch between screens, everything goes grey and no objects are visible (on any screen).

markfleet_0-1614598423617.png

Can you please share session id or app id from where you are seeing this issue?

Get a session ID or a canvas-app ID - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Sent in pvt msg. Thanks @sridutt 

Huge thanks to Carlos Figueira for your call to check out my problem. @sridutt, not sure how to tag him, but please pass on the thanks? Thanks to you too for making contact and putting us in touch. 

After all my whining and complaining about Microsoft and PowerApps, this issue was not theirs at all - I had somehow lost my formulas on my X co-ords which is why my controls were a mess in runtime.

All sorted now. Happiness.

Huge and very humble apologies to Microsoft - I love PowerApps again 😘

Regards

Lael

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (96,524)