cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
FMKY
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps not writing certain fields to sharepoint list

Hi folks,

 

I've got a SharePoint list called Events, which I am trying to make a custom form to populate. My app contains two data sources, the "Events" SharePoint list and another SharePoint list called "Event Sub-Categories", which filters categories and sub-categories in two drop down boxes in the app.

 

I have the drop down boxes working perfectly in terms of cascading drop boxes, but when I use a button to Submit my form, it submits everything except for the two categories that get their data from the "Event Sub-Categories" list. I am using the SubmitForm(SharePointForm1) code in my button.

 

The update property of both cards appears to be set correctly using the name.selected property, though I have tried .selected.result and .selected.value as well. Data fields also match the SharePoint list. I've tried all sorts, short of trying to collect or patch the data. Any ideas what could be going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @v-yamao-msft - I've managed to resolve this.

 

The problem was that the SharePoint list I was writing into had the columns set as lookup columns looking at the lists of categories and sub-categories that I had made. 

 

I was able to resolve this when I deleted those columns in the list I intended to use for logging purposes and instead made them single line of text fields. 

 

PowerApps now writes back to these fields and is restricted by the drop down lists pointing at the other lists. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FMKY 

 

Could you please share more details of your column type in your SP list you want to save data on PowerApp side?

Is it one lookup or what?

What formula expression do you use currently?

 

Best Regards.

Yumia

Hi @v-yamao-msft - I've managed to resolve this.

 

The problem was that the SharePoint list I was writing into had the columns set as lookup columns looking at the lists of categories and sub-categories that I had made. 

 

I was able to resolve this when I deleted those columns in the list I intended to use for logging purposes and instead made them single line of text fields. 

 

PowerApps now writes back to these fields and is restricted by the drop down lists pointing at the other lists. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,468)