cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoLotscherNC Advocate I
Advocate I

PowerApps on SharePoint List not closing (anymore)

I have created a simple PowerApps on a SharePoint list. All of a sudden the "Save" button on the top left doesn't close the form anymore. The data is still saved (sent to the list).

I have tried to create a button to manually save and close the form using the following:

SubmitForm(SharePointForm1) ; Exit()

The same thing happens. The form is saved, but not closed.

Similar behaviour happened several times now in different forms I have created. So far I fixed this by creating a new form. I hope there's a better way to fix this. Any ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps on SharePoint List not closing (anymore)

Hi @MarcoLotscherNC ,

I agree with what @panand99  was saying. Please consider using Back or Navigate functions to navigate to a different screen.

By the way, you could also start an app from data automatically with SharePoint list to know more about the app configuration:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/app-from-sharepoint

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

FMesquita

Instead of having to recreate the form, you can:

Click the form SharepointForm1

Click Advanced tab 

On the OnSuccess action, you append to the existing code: ResetForm(SharePointForm1); RequestHide() 

Hope that helps others with the issue.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
panand99 Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi,

The Exit function exits the currently running app. The user is returned to the list of apps, where they can select another app to open.

You can use Navigate function to move to another screen,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-navigate

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarcoLotscherNC ,

I agree with what @panand99  was saying. Please consider using Back or Navigate functions to navigate to a different screen.

By the way, you could also start an app from data automatically with SharePoint list to know more about the app configuration:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/app-from-sharepoint

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Advocate I

Thanks for the tipps.

I think, I did not explain the situation clear enough.

I'm using PowerApps to modify the Forms of a SharePoint List. So, no standalone PowerApps.

the default behaviour on a SharePoint List item is the following (refer to Screenshot):

1. Click on New Item on a sharepoint list, opens the "PowerApps" form.

2. Click on the Save Button on the top left. Safes the item and closes the form.

3.  I'm redirected to the sharepoint list

This suddenly did not work anymore. If I click on "Save" it only saves the item, but the PowerApps remains open.

Even if I add a custom button into the form using this rules, it does not close:

SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)  ; Exit()

Advocate I

I have recreated the form again. Now it works. I did not change any formular. Unfortuantely I don't now what cause it.

csonakos

I feel for you. The same happened with my form - over suddent the save button would not work. 

It is a fairly complex form, so I will try to find ways to resolve the problem - just cannot bring myself to re-create the form from scratch again.

I will post the solution if I find any.

csonakos

It turns out that in my case a newly added SharePoint field (that I also added to the PowerApps form) casued the issue.

I still do not know why it messed up the form.

Anyway, luckily I did not make many other changes to the form, so I decided to revert back to the previous working version. My form now works again, I just need to figure how to add the new field without breaking anything else...

I think PowerApps has a lot of potentials but it is still a bit temperamental and fragile. Hopefully Microsoft will make some improvements soon.

FMesquita

Instead of having to recreate the form, you can:

Click the form SharepointForm1

Click Advanced tab 

On the OnSuccess action, you append to the existing code: ResetForm(SharePointForm1); RequestHide() 

Hope that helps others with the issue.

sidacra Advocate II
Advocate II

This one works for me! Thanks! Smiley Happy

SteveMaybury

If you're getting this bug, here's a simple workaround that provides a better user experience.

Create a screen called "Exit Screen" with some text saying "Please close your browser tab" and use "Navigation('Exit Screen')" instead of "Requesthide()" to transition to the Exit Screen.

I also added a button linking back to the previous screen for completeness "OnSelect = Navigation('whatever your previous screen called').

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,205)