cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PowerApps on Web not loading - OUTAGE?

It's not the app that won't open it is the PowerApps studio where you edit and create the apps. It opens in FF and in Edge but does not open in Chrome. Does that clarify? If I click on PowerApp button from the launcher it fails to open giving me the following message. I have cleared cookies, signed in and out, cleared history, just not working. Can't get to powerapps at all using Chrome. 

This page isn’t working

web.powerapps.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot open the powerapps design studio from chrome. I am not having an issue with an app loading, the page at 

web.powerapps.com fails to load in Chrome. I get the following Error. 

This page isn’t working

web.powerapps.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Microsoft Maxwell
Microsoft

Thanks for getting back to me with the clarifications about the issue you're experiencing @Anonymous.

I'm currently investigating the issue further and corresponding with some folks internally about the redirects you're experiencing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you

Cybersurfer411
Level: Powered On

Hi John,

Try to disable all extensions & try. Sometimes extensions like adblock seem to be creating these issues. Restart the browser & try.

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried that already, I haven't added any since it was working. But yes I did try this without results. 

Microsoft Maxwell
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous,

We're still trying to track down the root cause of your issue, but it would be helpful if you could provide us with some more diagnostic information.

I'd like to walk you through gathering a chrome network trace so that we can see exactly what network requests are being made by web.powerapps.com when you try to access it.

Please try the following:

1. Open web.powerapps.com in Chrome (you should see the "too many redirects" error, as you've reported)
  2. Press F12 to open the developer tools window
  3. At the top of the developer tools window, click on the tab that says "Network"
  4. Below the "Network" tab, there should be a check box labelled "Preserve log", make sure it is checked
  5. On the same row as this checkbox, almost all the way to the left, there should be a button to clear your logs (it looks like a circle with a slash through it), click it
  6. Without closing the developer tools window refresh the tab (if the URL has changed, instead navigate back to web.powerapps.com in the same tab)
  7. Back in the developer tools window, you should see a bunch of entries in the main portion of the window
  8. Right click anywhere in this main window and you should see an option labelled "Save as HAR with content"

If you can provide us with the generated .HAR file, it'll help us narrow down the possible culprits for the issue you're experiencing.

Thanks for your patience in this matter,

Max

Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't upload this file because the page throws an error that removes the file. I have a huge red message saying to correct the highlighted errors (there are of course no highlighted errors) fortunately it goes on to tell me the file has been removed due to an invalid file extension.

However, I believe I have a clue to what's going on, when I cleared Chrome of everything, then signed into Office 365 using my domain account and then tried to log into Powerapps it fails. If instead I first log into PowerApps and then log into my domain account the page loads.  Also, if I log into my domain, then log into PowerApps in another browser, navigate to the designer, then copy that URL and use it, I get in, bypassing the first page. In the past I used Chrome for one thing and Edge for logging into Office 365, since Edge started having issues I switched to Chrome and that's when it started acting up. Seems if I'm logged into Google and logged into Office 365 there's some confusiong as to what's up. At any rate i am in now. If it happens again i will zip up the network file and send it to you.   

Microsoft Maxwell
Microsoft

Hey @Anonymous,

I'm glad to hear you were finally able to get past the redirect issues.

If you're able to upload the .har file after zipping it, we'd definitely like to take a look. It sounds like there might be an incompatability somewhere that's causing the overabundance of redirects.

Thanks again,

Max

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here you go.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,088)