cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraigFeg
Level: Powered On

PowerApps opening wrong list item from SharePoint

Hi,

When I am selecting from a SharePoint list to edit an item, Powerapps will always open the top item of the SharePoint list.

Any way to fix this?

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
navPowerApps

Re: PowerApps opening wrong list item from SharePoint

Hi,

I had faced similar kinda issue in my powerapps. I have tried aplying the below Rule as workaround,

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID),First('[DataSource]'),First(Filter('[DataSource]',ID=SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID)))

After applying the Rule it started working for me. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Did you generate the PowerApp from the SPList to get started or are you creating from a blank PowerApp and adding the SPList to the app? I ask because the PowerApps generated SPList app wires everything up for you and I have never experience an issue with the selected item not working as expected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
CraigFeg

Hi Jeff,

I generated it from the SP list itself. I've done it this way a couple of times myself with no issue. 

I've had a read online and there is not much to go by apart from perhaps the 'Item' field picking up the wrong field?

Thanks

Craig

CraigFeg

Can anyone advise what my settings should look like perhaps on the SharePoint Integration page to cater for this?

CraigFeg

@audrieg @v-micsh-msft @v-monli-msft @Meneghino Can any of you advise on how to link PowerApps to a selected SharePoint list field please? My app is currently only every loading the very first SharePoint list item.

Thanks

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @CraigFeg, it would seem that the issue is with the Item property of whatever is opening when you select an item. Could you please share the OnSelect property of the gallery/item selector and then also the closest thing to the item property of the object that should display your item?
navPowerApps

Hi,

I had faced similar kinda issue in my powerapps. I have tried aplying the below Rule as workaround,

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID),First('[DataSource]'),First(Filter('[DataSource]',ID=SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID)))

After applying the Rule it started working for me. 

View solution in original post

SriHariBabu

Thanks for the fix. After applying condition in form >> advanced properties, it worked for me.

jb007

This issue has just arisen for me as well. Can you advise where you loaded the condition

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,571)