Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vignesh_2112
Helper II
Helper II

PowerApps patch and Updateif function to Update SharePoint list

Hi

Overview:

I have two PowerApps application, of which on the first application I have used textboxes, datepicker and used a patch function to update the SP list.

On the second Application I have similar text box and date picker. Then I used UpdateIf function to update the SP list columns accordingly.

Issue: 

This works for single record, but when there is multiple record in the sharepoint list. The UpdateIf function is replacing all the relevant record columns.

Requirement:

I need the Update to be reflected to particular column and row of the SP list. 

Is there a way to accomplish it?

PFA for more info

Thanks

Vignesh_2112

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Vignesh_2112 ,

I cannot test this but it should work

UpdateIf(
   'FAC FTE Application',
   If(
      Remote=Blank(),
      {Remote:T20.Text},
      'Gen Comments'=Blank(),
      {'Gen Comments':T23.Text}
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @Vignesh_2112 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Vignesh_2112 ,

Please post your UpdateIf code (as text).

Hi

Thanks for your reply

UpdateIf(SP List name, !IsBlank(SP list name),{Title: textInput1.text,etc..})

Thanks

Vignesh_2112

Hi @Vignesh_2112 ,

This code !IsBlank(SP list name) is referring to nothing in particular

UpdateIf(
   SP List name, 
   Field name = something,
   {Title: textInput1.text,etc..}
)

You need to specify which record/s match the criteria you want to update.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

How to write the function if I need to update more than one column record?

And that too it should not replace the existing old record, need to fill up the recent record's blank columns

Thanks

Vignesh_2112

Hi @Vignesh_2112 ,

UpdateIf() will write to any matching records, but you need to specify which records you want to update (what field in the record/s equal your criteria). You can update as many columns as you want in the {} brackets below this.

Hi

UpdateIf('FAC FTE Application',Remote=Blank(),{Remote:T20.Text});

UpdateIf('FAC FTE Application','Gen Comments'=Blank(),{'Gen Comments':T23.Text})

This is working for me.

How to write multiple column name in a single updateif function, like you mentioned

Thanks

Vigneshraj C T

Hi @Vignesh_2112 ,

I cannot test this but it should work

UpdateIf(
   'FAC FTE Application',
   If(
      Remote=Blank(),
      {Remote:T20.Text},
      'Gen Comments'=Blank(),
      {'Gen Comments':T23.Text}
   )
)

Hi @Vignesh_2112 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,502)