cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
learner7
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps people picker field not showing data in edit form

I have a SharePoint custom PowerApps form. My SharePoint list reached the maximum number of lookup column so I created a people picker in Powerapps but in SharePoint list it is a single line of text column. People picker is working fine in Powerapps and on submit saving the field value in the single line of text column in SharePoint list. However, when I select an item from the list and open the edit form, the people picker field doesn't show the value . Can anyone help me what needs to be done to get people picker value on edit form?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@learner7 

First - What is DataCardValue1?  Second - you should not refer to a control like that, you should refer to the property of that control that you want to get the value from.

If you have a control called peoplepicker (which you seem to indicate you do in your formula) then your formula should be based off of that selected item.

If(!IsBlank(peoplepicker.selected.Email),
    Concat(Office365Users.UserProfileV2(peoplepicker.selected.Email).businessPhones,Value & " ")
)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@learner7 

What are you storing in the single line of text column in your SharePoint list?  

If it is the Email address of the person (which it should be), then set the DefaultSelectedItems property of your Combobox in your app to the following:

{ 
      Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(Parent.Default), 
      Department:"", 
      DisplayName:Parent.Default, 
      Email:Parent.Default, 
      JobTitle:".", 
      Picture:"."
    }

I hope this is helpful for you. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

Thank you for the reply. I set the DefalutSelectedItem property. Now the people picker field is showing the value in edit form. However, Email and Phone number fields are not showing value in edit forms. In list, all fields have value. Both are single line of text column and their default property is 

Email default property is set to peoplepicker.selected.Mail

Phone default property is set to If(!IsBlank(DataCardValue1),
Concat(Office365Users.UserProfileV2(DataCardValue1).businessPhones,Value&" "))

DatacradValue1 is an email datcard.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@learner7 

First - What is DataCardValue1?  Second - you should not refer to a control like that, you should refer to the property of that control that you want to get the value from.

If you have a control called peoplepicker (which you seem to indicate you do in your formula) then your formula should be based off of that selected item.

If(!IsBlank(peoplepicker.selected.Email),
    Concat(Office365Users.UserProfileV2(peoplepicker.selected.Email).businessPhones,Value & " ")
)

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes 

Thank you for telling me the best practice. It worked. I really appreciate your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,088)