Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam4
Resolver I
Resolver I

PowerApps per App license: Sharing app with users vs groups

Hi, 

Just a quick question about licensing to check if I can have any issue. I have an scenario where an app is shared to a AD Group. Now I want to assign a license per app to all users in that group. So following the steps on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/about-powerapps-perapp, this would be:

1. Purchase Power Apps per app plans
  2. Allocate per app plans to environments
  3. Set up apps to use per app plans
  4. Share the app

But I am concerned about the step 4: Would it be enough to share the app with the group or does it need to be to individual users?

In other word, Let's say There is a "MyUsers" group with 40 users and I purchase 40 license per app. If I share the app with "MyUsers" group, would the license be applied to the 40 users?

I assume so, but I'm not reading in the link above anything about groups so I would like to double check first.

Many thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The per app license is applied to an individual user when they use the app that has been shared with them.  So yes, you should be able to share the app with a group as long as you have enough per app licenses to cover all the individual users. Its the act of using the app that attaches the license to the user, not the act of sharing alone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The per app license is applied to an individual user when they use the app that has been shared with them.  So yes, you should be able to share the app with a group as long as you have enough per app licenses to cover all the individual users. Its the act of using the app that attaches the license to the user, not the act of sharing alone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,859)