cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

PowerApps push notifications bug?

I had tested the Push notifications when the blog announcing the feature had first appeared and it had worked fine. However trying it today, I'm having a strange problem using notifications on Pcs.

I have in front of me three devices, a Desktop Pc (Windows 10), Surface Pro3 (Windows 10) and an iPhone, I have PowerApps studio installed on both the Desktop Pc and on the Surface Pro and the PowerApps app installed on the iPhone.

I created a test app and have a button that's sending out a push notification, on the iPhone, it works fine, hit the send button once and I get a single notification.

However on the Pcs, the notification keeps popping up several times, when you would expect it to show up once only.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps push notifications bug?

Hi UB400,

Are you using a flow to send a PowerApps Notification?

If yes, could you show me a screenshot of the Output for the action “Send Push Notification” ?

1.png

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@v-yamao-msft sorry for the delay in responding to you. I'm not using Flow, instead I'm using the Send Push notifications feature/control as indicated in this Blog post by Laura Onu https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/add-push-notification-to-you-app-and-boost-usage-and-rete...

As I had mentioned, it worked fine earlier but now on Windows 10 Pcs I get multiple notifications, works as expected with IOS. If you could kindly check and see if you can replicate the issue?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@v-yamao-msft I see the same thing. My formula for push notifications follows the blog post here: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/add-push-notification-to-you-app-and-boost-usage-and-rete...

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients: [DataCard7.Default.Email],message:"You have been added to the On Call Roster for the week of " & Text(DataCardValue10.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yy")});Back(ScreenTransition.None)

My Windows 10 computer gets the notification 8 times. My iPhone gets it once. 

2017-05-26_15-29-53.png

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes I also get this behaviour - 1 notification to the device, several to my PC.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm also seeing the same behaviour.

Steve.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@v-yamao-msft Bump.

Can we please have some kind of reaction from Microsoft about this?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All,  

Thanks for the detailed information. I will test and report this issue on my side. 

There might be some delay for my reply, thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi,

I also have this issue. Push notifications comes to my desktop but not to my Andoid device.

Any fix ?

Regards,
Arturas 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,749)