cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

PowerApps - "Error adding datasource. Please try again later." - (SharePoint Online)

Content migrated from TechNet.  Post attribution to:  Justin Nash

Is there list of SharePoint columns that are not supported if so where can I find it. I have a SharePoint Online list with the following column types:

• Calculated (calculation based on other columns)
  • Choice
  • Date and Time
  • Lookup
  • Managed Metadata
  • Multiple lines of text
  • Number
  • Person or Group
  • Single line of text

When I go to connect to the list I get the following error: "Error adding datasource. Please try again later.".

I would have been happy had the supported columns come in to PowerApps and the invalid or unsupported columns got striped out possibly with at warning. But as it is I can't retrieve any data from my list. This is likely to be a real world case as I am just working with an existing SharePoint Online list that my company uses.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Justin,

Per my test, sounds the unsupported column type is "Managed Metadata" column. Would you please remove or change the metadata column type and test it again?

Unfortunately, there is no article about this at this time. I suggest you submit your feedback here: https://powerapps.uservoice.com/forums/331617-generalIt

Thanks,
Reken Liu

Highlighted

I have the same error when trying to connect to a list. I'm using these data types for columns:

• Person or Group
  • Single line of text
  • Date and Time
  • Number
  • Calculated (calculation based on other columns)
  • Lookup
  • Yes/No

Do you know if the error is because a column datatype or there are other known errors when getting data from SharePoint list?

I was able to import a simple list with two single line of text data type columns, though.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I had the same error.  I had programattically created an excel table to populate my powerapp.  I had programattically made the table name two words "Contact List"  When I changed it to "ContactList" It worked.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

The last time this happened to me, the problem would not go away. I had to do something or I would be consistently unable to add sources.

So I went with the nuclear option and it worked: uninstall PowerApps and reinstall it from the Store. Worked like a charm. I have not had to do it since then.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
Highlighted

Keep your PowerApps upgrading to the latest version is a good idea for troubleshooting.

According to the latest announcement, complex column types like Person or Group, Managed Metadata, Lookup, and Multi-select Choice are still not fully supported.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-and-sharepoint/

Thanks,

Reken Liu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,695)