This one caught me by surprise. As far as I can tell, it's a PowerApps issue rather than sharepoint, since converting the list to excel causes no issues. The list's name is List_CostAnal.
Unfortunately, I have no access to PowerBI or similar tools, so I cannot confirm whether it's a Sharepoint issue (although it doesn't appear to be at this stage). I have checked the list settings, and it doesn't appear to have any hidden columns that might normally be responsible for this behaviour.
To 'see' the list in PowerApps, I transfered it to a collection:
Noticing that irrelevant/'garbage' columns were shown, I tried connecting different lists to the app. Each list gives me the same issue, although with the extra/mislabelled columns have different values displayed in the collection.
I have attached couple of screengrabs of the sharepoint list and the resulting collection as displayed in PowerApps. The screengrab of the list does not show all the columns, but none of the columns shown in the list are present in the collection as far as I can tell.
It was actually working fine until yesterday, and I made no changes to any of my apps.
To diagnose the issue, I have tried: -Refreshing the Sharepoint List (no joy)
-Disconnecting/reconnecting the Sharepoint List (no joy)
-Connecting a different Sharepoint List (similar issues, as described above)
-Creating a new, blank canvas app and connecting the Sharepoint list to the new app (no joy)
-Connecting to a Sharepoint List from a different environment (same issues)
Hi, that's a useful thing to check, and something I never considered. The column names all seem to come from different SharePoint lists on our company's sharepoint environment. None of them have 'single line of text' as their type. Eg, their type ranges from 'date and time' to 'person or group' but never 'single line of text'.