cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

PowerApps refresh function not working for SQL view

Hi,

I have attached a SQL view in powerapps and that SQL view is a data source/Items for a gallery. 

When ever a change is made to that view and I hit the button with Code Refresh(SqlView); the change does not appear in the gallery. 

Although the change reflects in SQL view when I see it in SQL Management studio. 

I am stuck on this, looking for a helpful response. 

P.S: Dropping the existing SQL connection and creating a new one doesn't seem to be the reliable solution for this problem.

Regards,

Ali Nawaz

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Ali_Nawaz 

This is an annoying issue that unfortunately seems to happen occasionally. There are a few more details here.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Refreshing-a-data-source-does-not-pull-in-ne...

Also, are you using SQL Azure or an on-premises instance? With on premises SQL, what can sometimes help is to restart the on premises gateway service. Also, making sure that the on premises gateway is completely up-to-date can also help.

I am not using on-prem SQL. 

This thing is really really frustrating, It was working fine in the beginning but now seems to be broken somehow. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,091)