cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

PowerApps says the person does not have permissions to a SharePoint list but they definitely do

I created an app that about 40 staff access. For most, it works fine, but I have 3 people so far that it doesn't work for. The issue is something to do with permissions on the connection to SharePoint lists. To troubleshoot, I connected to the machine, made the person owner of the app and then tried to edit the app - below is the issue - it says she does not have permissions to the SharePoint list called PAR user Permissions, but she does. I am able to access that list directly in SP as her. I checked the other SP list connections and it actually says this for all of them. Again, permissions are correct in SP for all lists.

powerapp user perm error.png

Is there way to reset the connection? or something to fix? 

Things I have tried:

• remove person and re add to the app
  • elevate their rights in SharePoint
  • make them owner of the app
  • clear all browser history
  • incognito window
  • multiple browsers

I am at a loss - please help Microsoft world!😊

Thanks

Ian Hudson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: PowerApps says the person does not have permissions to a SharePoint list but they definitely do

I found my own solution!!!! 

This site collection feature "Limited -Access user permission lockdown mode"  was turned on and it should not be. It is notorious for, how do I put it, “messing up permissions”.......I turned it off an all works as it should.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps says the person does not have permissions to a SharePoint list but they definitely do

make sure the lists are shared with the users. See my video about how to share the list without having to share the entire site with them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8iHJy_6dlI

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

thanks for the reply - the are most definitely  shared. I can connect to them directly as those users. Good video though 🙂

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

If you have access to the Global Administrator for your Azure Tenant, then have them check their permissions in Azure. Also check where they are located in Active Directory. Are they in the same domain? 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I found my own solution!!!! 

This site collection feature "Limited -Access user permission lockdown mode"  was turned on and it should not be. It is notorious for, how do I put it, “messing up permissions”.......I turned it off an all works as it should.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Congratulations on finding the answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,344)