cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ianbudson
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps says the person does not have permissions to a SharePoint list but they definitely do

I created an app that about 40 staff access. For most, it works fine, but I have 3 people so far that it doesn't work for. The issue is something to do with permissions on the connection to SharePoint lists. To troubleshoot, I connected to the machine, made the person owner of the app and then tried to edit the app - below is the issue - it says she does not have permissions to the SharePoint list called PAR user Permissions, but she does. I am able to access that list directly in SP as her. I checked the other SP list connections and it actually says this for all of them. Again, permissions are correct in SP for all lists.

powerapp user perm error.png

Is there way to reset the connection? or something to fix? 

Things I have tried:

• remove person and re add to the app
  • elevate their rights in SharePoint
  • make them owner of the app
  • clear all browser history
  • incognito window
  • multiple browsers

I am at a loss - please help Microsoft world!😊

Thanks

Ian Hudson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ianbudson
Frequent Visitor

I found my own solution!!!! 

This site collection feature "Limited -Access user permission lockdown mode"  was turned on and it should not be. It is notorious for, how do I put it, “messing up permissions”.......I turned it off an all works as it should.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

make sure the lists are shared with the users. See my video about how to share the list without having to share the entire site with them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8iHJy_6dlI

thanks for the reply - the are most definitely  shared. I can connect to them directly as those users. Good video though 🙂

If you have access to the Global Administrator for your Azure Tenant, then have them check their permissions in Azure. Also check where they are located in Active Directory. Are they in the same domain? 

Ianbudson
Frequent Visitor

I found my own solution!!!! 

This site collection feature "Limited -Access user permission lockdown mode"  was turned on and it should not be. It is notorious for, how do I put it, “messing up permissions”.......I turned it off an all works as it should.

View solution in original post

Congratulations on finding the answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,330)