cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenny_wei
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps screen blank on navigate

Hi everyone,

starting a day or two ago, sometimes my powerapps screen becomes completely blank (not the white canvas) when I navigate between screens and I cannot seem to figure out why. This happens even when I am editing the powerapps and it seems to work for a tiny bit when I refresh the page but breaks soon after. It seems like the objects are still there in the navigation but is just not visible. This happens in the published version of the app as well.

image.png

8 REPLIES 8
MattyH
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

This has just happened to me this afternoon, the first time I had seen it.

I saved the app I was editing, closed it and re-opened, and all was back to normal again.

kenny_wei
Frequent Visitor

I just tried saving and republishing it and it seems like it disappeared for me as well. Not sure what is causing it...

iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

I've been having the same, just been saving, closing and then re-opening.

To do with new rendering perhaps?

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Happening 5+ times per day now. Only an inconvenience, but still unwanted!

image.png

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying the different methods you talk about here I was unable to fix my problem, even after exporting and creating a new app with the export. In my opinion there is something broken with what I added to the latest versions...

Will keep you guys posted if any thing changes.

w1sd0m
Advocate II
Advocate II

3 years later and issue still ongoing 

Thiago_G

Hello there.

Having the same issue where I have a form that navigates to another screen, coming totally blank.

Initially I thought it could be a problem of inheriting parent values but it turned out not to be the case. Still trying to make it work tho.  

Thiago_G

OK, found something that worked here:

1. Certify that the form you're navigating to has a valid Data source 

2. Find the property Item and set it to Defaults(name of the form data source here).

PS:. In my case, the form I was navigating to was in New Mode. If the mode was Edit you could use First instead of Defaults.

Hope it helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,471)