cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluegoldhawks

PowerApps screen/controls non-visible when I add a form to second screen

Hello all,

I'm building an app where I select an option from a Gallery control on screen one, and use the Edit Forms control on screen two to make updates. When I add in the Edit Forms control on the second screen, everything on my screen goes non-visible (screen, controls, everything). The items are still there, I can select them, but I can't *see* them. Visible is set to ON for everything - I'm not touching that. I removed the Edit Forms Item property setting (Gallery1.Selected) temporarily because I wasn't sure if it was hiccupping on that (no item selected yet).

I've never seen this happen before. Any help greatly appreciated! One note - I'm building within Teams - think I should open up directly in Power Apps? I tried building app this three times yesterday and ran into this same issue every time. It is a quick, quick app to make but I can't see it so it's hard to work on!

So strange!

bluegoldhawks_1-1631634865450.png

1 REPLY 1
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

If no item is selected edit form will be blank. NO control and all. Try this:

On Your gallery button that navigates you to your edit form. Write this:

Set(varItem,ThisItem.ID); Navigate(EditFormScreen);

On your second screen where your edit form is. Write this in the item property of edit form:

LookUp(ListName,ID=varItem)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,479)