cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MihirY
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

PowerApps screens are not showing latest data immediately when I switch between screens

I am having couple of screens, almost 8 screens in my PowerApp. In my first screen i am showing list of items in gallery. When I click on any item in gallery, I will navigate to next details screen. When I do the same thing for second time, in details screen, second item is not loading immediately, it is showing first item for 2,3 seconds then second item is loading. This is really annoying for the users. What should be the alternate for this?

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @MihirY ,

How do you display the details of the selected item in your Gallery? Using Display form control?

Further, how do you bind the Display form to the selected item in your Gallery?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSelect proeprty of the Gallery or the OnSelect property of the "Navigate" icon within the Gallery to following formula:

Set(CurrentSelectedItem, Gallery1.Selected);
Navigate(DetailsScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

Or

Set(CurrentSelectedItem, ThisItem);
Navigate(DetailsScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

Within your Detail Screen, set the DataSource property of the Display form to same data source as that within your Gallery.

Set the Item property of the Display form to following:

CurrentSelectedItem

Set the OnHidden property of the Detail screen to following:

Set(CurrentSelectedItem, Blank())

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to turn off/disable the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, re-publish your app, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have implemented my form in the same way as you mention. My form was connected to SharePoint and it is having almost 35 fields. Most of them are single line of text fields only. But for visibility purposes I am adding few comboboxes, dropdowns in side that. My app contains 10 data connections to different lists. 

But I don't know "Improved app rendering (final validation)"  option. Will it effect anything to my form.  I will give a try with this. 

Hi @MihirY ,

Have you taken a try with my solution?

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

In addition, please also consider check the performance tips within the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips

Please check if above performance tips would help in your scenario.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Will there by any issues in by enabling "Improved app rendering (final validation)"  option?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,460)