cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps search and filters

To get rid of the delegation warnings create a collection from MRQ //Collections are not subject to delegation limits.

Make the OnVisible property of your Screen:  ClearCollect(colMRQ,MRQ).  //This creates the collection whenever the screen becomes visible.

Make the Items property of your gallery: (Filter(Filter(colMRQ,Status<>"Completed"), IsBlank(Assigned_To_1) || Assigned_To_1= User().FullName))  // This filters your new collection by Status first and then filters the result by Assigned_To_1 is blank or Assigned_To_1 is the current user.  You may need to put User().FullName in quotes, I'm not sure about it so try it both ways to see which one works. 

I tried to do this in the attached example using a Sharepoint list with >2000 rows. The Items property is shown in the box above the gallery.  It filters a collection called docs that was ClearCollect(docs,Doctors) by whether the Middle initial (MI) is either blank or = "A." and then by Referring="True".

I tried to simplify the filter and this worked also: Filter(docs,IsBlank(MI) || MI="A.",Referring="True")

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmmcoffeegood,

1) If you mean that you want to make the view in SharePoint list shows exactly in PowerApps, then I'm afraid that this cannot be achieved. But you can work with the app from within SharePoint list. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

33.PNG

2) If you have this assigned to field as a person and group column in SharePoint, then you could set below formula in Items property of the Gallery:

Filter(ListName, PersonColumn.Email=User().Email)

This will filter the gallery with current login user's email in PersonColumn.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mmmcoffeegood Advocate I
Advocate I

what does the pipe | do? is it interchangeable like a semicolon ;; or , ?

Everytime I add a nested function into my filter expression it loses the data connection. 

Filter(MRQ, Status.Value <> "Completed")

this works with delegation warnings.

syntax

Filter(MRQ, Status<>"Completed", (IsBlank(Assigned_To_1.DisplayName)),Or(Assigned_To_1.DisplayName=User().FullName))

no data connex

Filter(MRQ, Or(Status<>"Completed", IsBlank("Assigned_To_1"), Assigned_To_1.DisplayName = User().FullName))

no data connex

Super User
Super User

double pipe "||" is a logical or.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
mmmcoffeegood Advocate I
Advocate I

That did it. had to do a bit of finagling to get the syntax to catch, but the double pipes seemed to fix whatever hiccup powerapps wasn't able to resolve.

here's my syntaxt for the record! 

Filter(MRQ, Status.Value <> "Completed", Assigned_To_1.Email=User().Email || Assigned_To_1.Email = "")

Corrected.

Filter(MRQ, Status.Value <> "Completed", Assigned_To_1.Email=User().Email || IsBlank(Assigned_To_1.DisplayName))

moving the completed condition first helped get the filter correct.

Super User
Super User

Hi @mmmcoffeegood,

I am pleased that you got it to finally work.  If you are satisfied with the result, please mark the thread as solved.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,660)