cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptcsoderlund
Regular Visitor

PowerApps sharepointlist Timezone

I have set up a sharepoint list with a date column, If I add a record on the date 2017-jan-27 for example.

My powerapps app shows the date as 2017-jan-26. If I change timezone in powerapps to utc instead of local it shows the date 2017-dec-25.

What is up with that, I get it that they handle timezones differently (sharepoint vs powerapps). But this can´t be right.

What am I missing?

The sharepoint list is set to Timezone stockholm (utc + 01), Powerapps are set to local and that should also be utc + 01 on every client (so far).

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can now set that property but I was still seeing odd values showing up.  i.e. Database showing 12/25/2018 and DatePicker control was showing 12/24/2018.  Not sure why that was happening but the control was writing proper date value to my SQL table so some issue in the time zone interprtation of the display control.  I set the DateTimeZone property to UTC and added the proper number of hours. 

Luckily for me, my app only cares about date so I am not even displaying the time and have deleted the Minute and Hour controls.  I am sure you could use a variable set in the OnVisible event and use that to control your dates based off of the current date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,850)