Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlisterT
Advocate II
Advocate II

PowerApps solutions

Hey all,

I'm looking for some expert help here. My company is forcing me to use PowerApps solutions. So I put my PowerApp into a solution and my users try to use it but when they click a button which should call a flow, they get an error. Flow name.Run falied: Connection not configured for this service. 

Everything worked fine before I put the app into a solution. I have logged this with Microsoft, but received mediocre support so I thought I would put it to the real experts. Can anyone help me sort this out? Everything works fine if I add my users as owners to the Flows, but obviously I can't use that as a fix

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There are a couple things that I suspect are causing the issue.

1) You said you put the app into the solution.  Did you also add the flow into the solution?  Cloud flows created outside a solution are a bit different the cloud flows created inside a solution.  Both the app and the flow need to be in the same solution.

2) There is a new feature available when doing flows inside solutions called Connection References.  One of the things I've seen cause the error you are seeing is to have a Power App that calls a flow in a solution, but the flow just used embedded connections rather than Connection references.  So if your flow uses an connections, particularly implicitly shared connections then make sure you also create a connection reference and use that in the flow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

That sounds like it could help me. How do I tell my Flows to use the connection references?

To clarify, I have a complicated App with 8 Flows, 5 PowerApp triggered and 3 SharePoint triggered. Since I logged a call with MS I also made a very simple app which has only one button to call a Flow which initalizes an integer variable and then does a SharePoint get ITEM action with an Id to the item. Same error occurs.... until I grant the user owner permissions to the Flow

Here's the documentation on how to create a Connection Reference in a Solution. 

Connection references in solutions - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Once you do you'll see the connection refence when you create a new connection in a flow or you can change an existing connection to use the reference in the settings for the action that uses the reference.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,497)