cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

PowerApps studio crashing

I'm having an issue where I'll be working in PowerApps Studio and suddenly it just crashes. It seems to happen when I have a label control selected and then navigate to a different PA screen. I can navigate around and change screens, select other controls, etc. But the box around the selected label stays on screen while navigating and I can't change any properties or save my app. Is anyone else experiencing an issue like this? It has happened about 5 times in the past hour and it's causing me to lose work.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: PowerApps studio crashing

Just to close on this issue; there was a temporary issue with one of our servers on Friday which likely caused some of the crashes; this has been resolved. During the investigation the team also uncovered one other issue that while not necessarily caused the issues reported on this thread, it may contribute for some slowness and will be addressing it in an upcoming release.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This has been happening to me since yesterday.  Constant browser crashing and inability to save work.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thank you for reporting this issue, I'll pass it along to the product team right away. Can you capture a session id (https://aka.ms/powerappssessionid) in one of the sessions that crash and post in this thread?

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@CarlosFigueira

I just had it happen again. I can navigate to File > Account but clicking session details does nothing. I'll relaunch, capture the session ID, then see if it crashes and post again.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@CarlosFigueira 
Just crashed again. May have something to do with running test mode. Seems to crash immediately after coming back to edit mode from test/preview mode?

Session ID: 09b847ee-85b3-40f2-bff9-056bd566ed40
PowerApps 3.20013.29

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Another note, I don't get any override session warnings when I open the app in a new tab, so it seems like the crashed session is losing connection altogether.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This session didn't crash, but it froze up and wouldn't prompt to save after changes were made.  That has been the precursor to crashing, but not every time:

Session ID: b567815d-6540-4145-ad35-2ddee1b403b9

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Not sure if any changes have been made, but everything seems much more stable the past hour or so.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Just to close on this issue; there was a temporary issue with one of our servers on Friday which likely caused some of the crashes; this has been resolved. During the investigation the team also uncovered one other issue that while not necessarily caused the issues reported on this thread, it may contribute for some slowness and will be addressing it in an upcoming release.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,183)