cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stapes
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

PowerApps studio is telling me to add back defunct connections.

I am maintaining a Canvas App using SQL. A couple of the SQL connections are no longer required - as the computer they were hosted on no longer exists.

Having deleted the Connections using Data > Connections, it is now telling me I have to add them back.

add it back.png

Neither will it let me do an export:

could not find connection.png

How do I solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@stapes 

Well, it is kind of telling you which connections are missing...the ones in the pop up.

As for editing the JSON, the trick now is to making sure you unpack it properly with the Language Tool.

Then you can easily edit the yaml files and then pack it again.  There is no need to export and import, just save as an MSAPP and then unpack, make changes, pack and then open in PowerApps studio.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
CNT
Super User
Super User

@stapes Goto Data->Connections and remove the SQL connection that are not needed anymore. Hope that helps.

stapes
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I have already done that bit. The issue arises after that.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@stapes 

If those are no longer in use, then click on the don't allow option to then edit the app.  Remove the datasources that reference that connection in the app and save it.

Unfortunately, they also get stuck some time.  Even though they are not listed in the app nor do they exist any longer, the app still is trying to find it. 

The only way that I have been able to remove them in scenarios like that is to edit the underlying MSAPP JSON files.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Thanks. Editing the json is entirely to risky  - - and never works when you import it back in. Another PowerApps bug. It would help if the error dialog in PowerApps Studio actually told you which connections were missing. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@stapes 

Well, it is kind of telling you which connections are missing...the ones in the pop up.

As for editing the JSON, the trick now is to making sure you unpack it properly with the Language Tool.

Then you can easily edit the yaml files and then pack it again.  There is no need to export and import, just save as an MSAPP and then unpack, make changes, pack and then open in PowerApps studio.

View solution in original post

Thank you! I downloaded the Language Tool. Had to make a few alterations to get it to build. Then used it to unpack my msapp file. Was able to see the source code arranged in a nice orderly way, and found the missing connection, in Connections/Connection.json

This had one dependency, which was one of my Flows. I deleted this flow from the App, using the PowerApps studio, and bingo, problem solved.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@stapes 

Excellent!!  Plus 1 for the Language Tool!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,588)