cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BartSchaap Advocate V
Advocate V

PowerApps super slow when editing

I am having a problem with PowerApps being VERY SLOW when editing.  It took several minutes to load an app and when editing it takes forever to see changes.  I restarted PC and cleared browser cache. Tried both Chrome and Edge. Yesterday it was only in one tenant, today it is also in a other tenant. I'm central Europe.

9 REPLIES 9
Eelman Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: PowerApps super slow when editing

This happens to me most days as well. I try to save a lot in the afternoons or don't do a lot of new changes.

Times it usually happens is between 3pm and 5pm. I'm on Brisbane, Australia time.

oba

Can't even edit or open my apps this morning - 'Getting things ready' or spinning wheel when trying to open one in the browser.

Dead in the water again for the second time in a week ffs.

Switzerland - eu.create.powerapps.com/studio/

BartSchaap Advocate V
Advocate V

So this is a world wide problem, when did it start in your location? (I am in Amsterdam) MSFT  when is this solved?

This stops my business 😞

BartSchaap Advocate V
Advocate V

I first thought this was something in a specific tenant but it turns out to be a global problem .....

Highlighted
KAlkhafaji
Regular Visitor

Dear All

Today in Dubai All Powerapps stopped working.

All you get is spinner

regards

Eelman Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hard to say when I first noticed it, maybe about a month ago? Could've been earlier than that though as you don't really think there's anything going on in the early days, it could just be something else.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BartSchaap ,

Have you faced same issue before when you edit your canvas app?

Are these two Tenant in same Region?

Which region does your PowerApps bind to?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Actually, there are many reasons that an app can be slow to load, slow to respond, and slow to write to data sources, please refer to the following blog:

https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/13/powerapps-improving-app-performance/

Please also consider switch your PowerApps to another Environment which is bind to a different region, then  create an app again, check if the issue still exists.

There are some performance tips you need to note when designing canvas app, please refer to the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips

If the issue still exists, pleae consider submit an assietd support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BartSchaap Advocate V
Advocate V

Both tenants are in region Europe.  This issue became worse over the past few days. Like everybody else yesterday (7-nov-2019) morning (06:30) it came to a complete standstill the tenantId=74298d54-a762-4e17-b5f2-103537b1e1f1

My other tenant which is also in Europe, came also to a complete standstill (like MANY OTHER PEOPLE mentioned) but after 5 (!) hours is it running normally at this moment.

Not for this tenant , PowerApps is still VERY SLOW, it is not an option any longer to maintain this app. I would appreciate if MSFT could take a look at this tenant to see what is wrong with it.

I think your suggestion @v-xida-msft to let me do YOUR tests is inappropriate, the owner of this tenant pays MSFT a lot of money so it is MSFT who should test.

I made a ticket so I hope this is resolved soon.

BartSchaap Advocate V
Advocate V

Today (13-nov-2019) my tenant is usable again. It took a long time to get there. MSFT (Mindtree) told me that PowerApps release 3.19111.26 will be shipping this week.  There are load performance improvements in this release. It will be available in Europe the end of this week. I will keep you posted, yesterday I had PowerApps 3.19104.37.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,049)