cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsquared
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps testing with iFrames

I'm trying to use Power Automate desktop to test my PowerApps. However, when I try to use Power Automate desktop to click a page element with a selector such as: 
#spLeftNav > div.ms-FocusZone.css-81 > nav > div > div > ul > li:nth-child(3) > div > a

My test fails because the HTML element is within and iFrame. How can I access the PowerApps UI element even though they are contained within an iFrame? 

2 REPLIES 2
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Jsquared just a quick question did you use the web recorder or ui automation components. often the iframes do not work with the web recorder. by using the ui components the automation seems much better.

Yes @rubin_boer I have used the UI components. You are correct, the Web recorder does not work with iFrames. But I have found the UI component very unreliable. So, I want to start to create my own selectors. A workaround for this would be to simply visit the iFrame url. However, I have tried this and it does not work =( The url looks something like this: 

<iframe class="publishedAppIframe" tabindex="0" aria-hidden="false" id="fullscreen-app-host" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" name="fullscreen-app-host" src="https://pa-content.azureedge.net/resource/webplayerdynamic/publishedapp/preloadindex?preloadIndexPat..." allow="geolocation; microphone; camera; fullscreen" style="" title="ConcurrentWorkflow"></iframe> 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,478)