Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

PowerApps to Sharepoint Update Failures

Hi there,


I'm fleshing out some PowerApps that we are using for efficiency tracking and am now starting to see some issues with using the apps to update a sharepoint file. 


Currently I am using multiple apps to populate an SP list. These records are altered and updated throughout the usage of the app to indicate workflow status.


However, I have been trying both the Patch() and the SubmitForm() commands and sometimes they just do not work. There is no error indicated, runtime or otherwise. It seems like the command is just either being skipped over or not running at all... 

Below is the example of the two ways I tried to update the SP List. These codes are attached to the OnSelect of a button:


Method #1 (SubmitForm())

I am using a hidden form control on the screen and local variables to update an SP record based on a Lookup of the record and changing the form item property to 'ItemStatus' which is the last submitted record. This form updates the "status" column of the record. Below is the code:


Set(ItemStatus, LookUp('Daily Build Schedule', Title = Text('SON Value') && LineNo = Text('LN Value') && OrderQty = Text('OQ Value')));

UpdateContext({DBStrack: "Started"});


Method #2 (Patch())

I am using Patch() to do a similar thing without all the extra steps - find the record using lookup and altering the status column to match what I need. This was the first way I tried, but switched back to SubmitForm when it didn't work.


Patch('Daily Build Schedule', LookUp('Daily Build Schedule', Title = Text('ILC SON Value_1') && LineNo = Text('ILC LN Value_1') && OrderQty = Text('ILC Qty Value_1')), {Status: "Started"});



The strangest part is that these both work on certain user's computers and my mobile phone. However, some user's stations as well as my computer are not updating the SP list. I just wish I knew what the error was here. Is it a performance issue? Too many Lookups? Poor signal? I have no idea how to tell. Any help would be appreciated.




Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: PowerApps to Sharepoint Update Failures

Hi @farhandsome 

Just out of the curiosity, Have you given access permission to all the key user to access you sharepoint list? 

Please try to check the access permission to the sharepoint list and see if that helps.




Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps to Sharepoint Update Failures

Hi @farhandsome ,


Is there any error message shown? Please tell the session ID when the issue happens.

You can also raise a support ticket to get help:




Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources


Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!


Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)


Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps


Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,267)