cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanTambling
Helper IV
Helper IV

PowerApps triggred Flow to send email with options

I have a simple single screen app to submit leave requests. I've used a gallery to display a collection short list of items as a leave request. Each item in the gallery has a check box that shows begin/end dates when the check box is checked and hidden otherwise. The collection is updated/patched as data is entered.

Once the user is finished updating the list, i have a button they press that I want to run a FLOW. The flow has been created using the Office365Outlooksendemailwithoption connector. The FLOW works fine. One of the parameters of the flow is asking in PowerApps for data for the body of the email. I may need a special request in the flow to ask in powerapps, but i'm not sure. I've just used the AskInPowerApps button. In PowerApps, when filling out the rest of the formula for the button, i've added the flow, and I've successfully added the other parts of the "AskInPowerApps" for the sendto and subject, and the body1, but i'm struggling to send the data from the collection in the body. The name of the collection is LeaveType. 

Here is what i have in the formula bar in Powerapps for the button OnSelect: 

LeaveRequest_1.Run(Office365Users.Manager(User().Email);"emailaddress@gmail.com",User().FullName, User().FullName, LeaveType

I can't figure out how to add the data from the collection. Can someone help me?

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@SeanTambling

What is the data you want to pass to flow? Does the flow button locate in the gallery or out of the gallery?

What is the data construct of Leave Type collection? Could you share some screenshots? it will be easier to understand.

If the flow button is inside the gallery, you just use ThisItems.ColumnName to call the column value.

LeaveRequest_1.Run(Office365Users.Manager(User().Email);"emailaddress@gmail.com",User().FullName, User().FullName, ThisItem.<ColumnName>)

If the flow button is out of the gallery, you can call the column value from selected items in gallery

LeaveRequest_1.Run(Office365Users.Manager(User().Email);"emailaddress@gmail.com",User().FullName, User().FullName, Gallery.Selected.<ColumnName>)

If these don't make sense, please share more detail, so that we can provide further assistance.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,051)