Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gelos
Helper V
Helper V

PowerApps

Hi Guys..

Please help me. I want text input box alignment like excel. I copied excel data and paste in big input box. alignment not correctly can I set correct alignment like that excel. Please check attachment file.

@Mike8 

@WarrenBelz 

@RandyHayes 

@Pstork1 

@v-xiaochen-msft 

@timl 

@BCLS776 

@Nogueira1306 

@v-bofeng-msft 

@gabibalaban 

7 REPLIES 7
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

The easiest method I have found for recreating any existing thing I have found (for example I recreated outlook using this method) is to screenshot what you want to recreate. Toss it into powerapps as a background image, and then building your controls on top of this. Once you are happy with everything's placement you can then delete the image in background. There's no secret trick to getting everything exactly where you want it, just takes a little work.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

Thanks But I didn't understand. My question is user copy the excel data and paste in that input box but alignment is not properly. You can see the image. but now How to alignment the input box data after paste or at the time paste.

Please help me.

@TheRobRush 

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Yah, pretty sure there's no way to format during the copy paste process. copy and paste into notepad, word, etc. it will look different anywhere you paste it. Same goes for a basic text box in powerapps. If the collect button is what is doing the copy and paste, you'd be better off making your text box an html text and then you can format as you want it to look by using an html table.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.

So If I paste in html textbox the format will be ok correct. Or can I do anything.

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

In an html textbox you can have a button paste the info in, assuming you take the info from a datasource like sharepoint excel collections etc, and format it using html

My requirement is so excel data value within gallery. Now it is not possible to allow the user click button and select the excel file. So I decided So I decided copy the Excel data and paste the input box after that user click button the data will show gallery. When I paste the excel data in input box is not proper alignment so I asked this question.

If I you html text box How can I paste the excel data. Please help me.

Hi @Gelos ,

Put in a multiline Text control (I have called it txtXL below) and paste the Excel table into it, then a HTML Text box with this as the HtmlText

With(
   {
      wText: 
      Substitute(
         Substitute(
            txtXL.Text,
            Char(10),
            "</td></tr><tr><td>"
         ),
         Char(9),
         "</td><td>"
      )
   },
   "<table><tr><td>" & wText & "</table>"
)

Below is an Excel sheet copied

HTMLPasteExcelData.jpg

and this is the resulting Power Apps controls (pasted in the top and displayed in the bottom).

PAHtml.jpg

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (987)