cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
AlexDorfmayr
Advocate II
Advocate II

PowerAppsforAppMakers-Connector delivers incorrect values

Hey community,

I suffer from a tiny but important issue - can you verify that the PowerAppsforAppMakers-Connector delivers incorrect values at fields "SharedUserCount" and "SharedGroupsCount" when app share-amount is reduced from any number to zero?


All mentioned user-permission-changes are made within my powerapps-maker-portal here:
appsharing.png




 

 

 






My Flow looks like this:

flowscreen.png















Now this this is my scenario:

 

  • I create a brand new app - no shares so far but published, so the result when calling the connector in flow looks like this: (radically shortened - but important info is shown below)

 

 

[
  {
    "name": "1d32c6f0-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-3682c127e5e7",
    "id": "/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/1d32c6f0-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-3682c127e5e7",
    "type": "Microsoft.PowerApps/apps",
    ...
      "displayName": "DEMO-APP-UserCountError",
      "description": "DEMO",
      "createdTime": "2020-08-03T11:38:39.0489043Z",
      "lastModifiedTime": "2020-08-03T11:38:39.1270315Z",
      "sharedGroupsCount": 0,
      "sharedUsersCount": 0,
      ....
  }
]

 

 

  • Then I share my App with a single user and two security-groups - result looks like this: (shortened but values correct)

 

 

[
  {
    "name": "1d32c6f0-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-3682c127e5e7",
    "id": "/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/1d32c6f0-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-3682c127e5e7",
    "type": "Microsoft.PowerApps/apps",
    ...
      "displayName": "DEMO-APP-UserCountError",
      "description": "DEMO",
      "createdTime": "2020-08-03T11:38:39.0489043Z",
      "lastModifiedTime": "2020-08-03T11:38:39.1270315Z",
      "sharedGroupsCount": 2,
      "sharedUsersCount": 1,
      ...
  }
]

 

 

  • Now I remove sharing-permissions for one group and the single user - result values are being updated correctly: 

 

 

[
  {
    "name": "1d32c6f0-XXXXXXXXXXXXX-3682c127e5e7",
    "id": "/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/1d32c6f0-XXXXXXXXXXXXX-3682c127e5e7",
    "type": "Microsoft.PowerApps/apps",
     .....
      "displayName": "DEMO-APP-UserCountError",
      "description": "DEMO",
      "createdTime": "2020-08-03T11:38:39.0489043Z",
      "lastModifiedTime": "2020-08-03T11:38:39.1270315Z",
      "sharedGroupsCount": 1,
      "sharedUsersCount": 0,
       .....
  }
]

 

 

  • Finally I remove all useres and groupd again - so app is my personal app again - but values remain the same, not being updated to zero! (I would expect to see "sharedGroupsCount" back to zero as well - but this seems not to be triggered
     

 

 

[
  {
    "name": "1d32c6f0-XXXXXXXXXX-3682c127e5e7",
    "id": "/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/1d32c6f0-XXXXXXXXXXX-3682c127e5e7",
    "type": "Microsoft.PowerApps/apps",

      "displayName": "DEMO-APP-UserCountError",
      "description": "DEMO",
      "createdTime": "2020-08-03T11:38:39.0489043Z",
      "lastModifiedTime": "2020-08-03T11:38:39.1270315Z",
      "sharedGroupsCount": 1,
      "sharedUsersCount": 0,
    ...
  }
]

 

 

 

I honestly tried in several combinations - it doesn't matter if you have several users or groups shared or just a single one - setting the total shareing-amount back to zero doesn't have any effect on the values delivered by the connector.
Any Idea on how to reset this values both bach to zero?

 

Further info to the Connector can be found here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/powerappsforappmakers/#resourcearray[powerapp]

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
danielbazetto
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexDorfmayr ,

 

I was able to reproduce exactly the same behavior, nothing I do with the app changes that value to "zero", even if we Republish the App the outcome is still the same. If you "Save As" a change the name of it it would then set to zero which makes sense once it is a new app, but if you replace even with that does not set the number to "zero"

 

That's definitely a bug and it must be reported via support request in order to allow the Support team to engage with the Product Group team.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danielbazetto
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexDorfmayr ,

 

I was able to reproduce exactly the same behavior, nothing I do with the app changes that value to "zero", even if we Republish the App the outcome is still the same. If you "Save As" a change the name of it it would then set to zero which makes sense once it is a new app, but if you replace even with that does not set the number to "zero"

 

That's definitely a bug and it must be reported via support request in order to allow the Support team to engage with the Product Group team.

View solution in original post

Hi @danielbazetto ,

thank you so much for takeing the time to reproduce and verify my issue. It's great to hear that you think this is a bug too.

My collegue reported this as a bug within our support-hub with request-ID/case number 120080325001864.

Greetings from Austra

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,530)