cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PowerBI Integrated Multiple Tables Canvas App

Hi ,

I am working on PowerBI Integrated PowerApp with On Premise SQL server being the destination/underlying server.

I have two sections/two visuals where I need to enable CRUD operation directly from PowerBI Dashboard. Lets Say two sections are 1)Takeaways- SQL table

2)Actions - SQL Table

I have been able to design Takeaways quite okay with Insert/Read&Update Operations however when I am trying to drag and drop fields from Actions table into PowerApps Visual from PowerBI dashboard it just doesn't allow me. It throws this error below however both tables have primary key(id) and I can join them in SSMS and view data even though result set is a Cartesian Product

Can't determine relationships between the fields
Can't display the data because Power BI can't determine the relationship between two or more fields.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 77df593f-7710-4435-913f-44242122b693
Request ID: 61500fb3-6f84-9925-fde8-4b4e7fdddfaf
Correlation ID: 216b924f-146b-3e83-f677-97a560f6a307

I want to create one app which will display data for both tables for read & update operations.

I am able to include Insert(Edit Form) for Actions table connecting to SQL table which is straight forward however I want to bring data from PowerBIIntegration.Data for both Comments & Actions so that I can provide individual screens for display and edit forms ... You may refer to attached screenshot for what I am trying to achieve

Please guide me and let me know of a hack from your expertise

thanks in Advance

ANS

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: PowerBI Integrated Multiple Tables Canvas App

Hi @ArcherJayden17 ,

sorry to say that, this is for Power App developer issues forum, the right forum to get better help is: https://community.powerbi.com/

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,

Krishna
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give thumbs-up to help the other members find it more.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArcherJayden17 ,

Do you want to drag fields from different tables (dataset) into the PowerApps Custom Visual in your Power BI report?

Have you set up relationship between your Takeaways table and Actions table in your Power BI desktop?

If you want to connect the PowerApps Custom Visual to fields in different tables, please make sure you have set up relationship between these tables firstly as below:

1.JPG

On your side, please consider set up relationship between your two tables firstly. Then add a new PowerApps Custom Visual in your Power BI report, and drag fields from your two tables into this PowerApps Custom Visual.

In addition, you could also consider merge your two tables into a single one table based on the relationship. Then add a new PowerApps Custom Visual in your BI Report, and drag fields from this merged single one table into this PowerApps Custom Visual.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Thank you for guidance. You have identified the issue accurately ! 

I have done this exactly what you said by joining two tables at Powerbi and then I am able to bring those fields into PowerApp.

Now I am stuck with another predicament where my key takeways are producing cartersian values(duplicates) per Action plan because I have mutliple action plans for each item.

how can I resolve and show just distinct values at powerapp specifically in my takeaways browse gallery ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,787)