cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkSL
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Integration Query - Accessing passed values

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to PowerApps, but hoping the below is understandable...

We want to add a PowerApp visual to our Power BI Report page which will capture selected values from a Power BI table (Sales Person Name, Period, Sales Qty etc) and then have form which will allow the user to add some comments.  When they press Save, I want the selected Sales Person values and the comment from the form to be written to a Sharepoint List.  I am not really bothered about having the Power BI report instantly update with the written record, I simply want to capture the report values and comments into the SP List.

(We would prefer to write the data direct to SQL, however this is a Premium Connector, therefore using a SP List as a 'staging' table before setting up a Flow to move write the records into SQL)

Very basic mock up of the Power BI Report page:

MarkSL_0-1619478177313.png

To get the values of the selected Sales Exec and their associated values, I need to start my App from within Power BI by dragging the datafields into the PowerApps visual and then Create the app.

The App which gets launched contains a Gallery which has Items = 'PowerBIIntegration'.Data.  The individual labels display the correct value from the report, eg:  Text = ThisItem.'Sales Person'.   At this point there is no actual data source in the App, my understanding is that the Power values are injected / passed into the app.

I want to now add a form, which is connected to my SP List and populate the fields with the Power Bi values in the Gallery along with some additional comments.  I have started doing this by setting the value to: Gallery1.Selected.'Sales Person'.

Is there a better way to access the Power BI values in the App or is Gallery1.selected the only way?

Thanks

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarkSL ,

It depends on your needs.

You could think of 'PowerBIIntegration'.Data as a data source.

You could use many controls to display powerbi data, such as gallery, label, form, combo box and data table, etc.

For example:

If you want to use a combo box control to display powerbI data, you could set the Items property of the combo box to:

PowerBIIntegration'.Data

You could also put the data in a collection.

Add a buton control and set its Onselect property to:

ClearCollect(Col,'PowerBIIntegration'.Data)

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarkSL ,

It depends on your needs.

You could think of 'PowerBIIntegration'.Data as a data source.

You could use many controls to display powerbi data, such as gallery, label, form, combo box and data table, etc.

For example:

If you want to use a combo box control to display powerbI data, you could set the Items property of the combo box to:

PowerBIIntegration'.Data

You could also put the data in a collection.

Add a buton control and set its Onselect property to:

ClearCollect(Col,'PowerBIIntegration'.Data)

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,464)