Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Integration data

Hi all,

I've been developing a powerapps application that takes the power bi inputs as arguments for an insert query to a database and ran across a bug from PowerBIIntegration.data or maybe I am not using it right.

Imagine you have a slicer with month selected (ex. March) and year selected (ex. 2018) and want those two arguments from PowerBi to be exported to your powerapps. The program that I am running through is that PowerBIIntegration.data only recognises Month as a acceptable argument and the other ones it does not.

How should I deal with this problem? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PowerBI Integration data

Thank you @LukeW-MSFT, but I actually resolved the issue. The problem with PowerBIntegration library is that if you create a app with a specific variable then you can't change that (add a new variable, delete a variable), meaning you have to recreate the app with the variables you want to use.

To replicate the issue: Create a app on powerbi online with "Month" as a parameter and then afterwards add more parameters (lets say Year and Month) and use PowerBIIntegration.data. You can see it only accepts Month and does not recognise Year as a parameter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@Anonymous I'm not sure what you mean by "only recognises Month as a acceptable argument". Can you elaborate? Perhaps can you provide a screenshot in PowerApps studio where you would expect to see the data you are not seeing (via PowerBIIntegration.data)? That would help me diagnose the issue.

Thanks

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @LukeW-MSFT, but I actually resolved the issue. The problem with PowerBIntegration library is that if you create a app with a specific variable then you can't change that (add a new variable, delete a variable), meaning you have to recreate the app with the variables you want to use.

To replicate the issue: Create a app on powerbi online with "Month" as a parameter and then afterwards add more parameters (lets say Year and Month) and use PowerBIIntegration.data. You can see it only accepts Month and does not recognise Year as a parameter

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

I understand. Glad your issue has been fixed for you and thanks for the explanation!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,839)