cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3ation
Resolver I
Resolver I

PowerBI keeps requesting permissions from the user

We ran the powershell scripts to supress the permissions, but PowerBI Started ignoring this over a week ago (all others, SQL, Sharepoint...etc. are okay) , and now every time the customer runs this application, we get the prompt to give permission, We have a ticket with Microsoft for the last few days, and nothing resolved.. Customer is getting annoyed! Anyone has a workaround please? Thanks in advance

3ation_0-1603879069813.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3ation
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey guys, 

After 3+ weeks, the product team has fixed this....... 

Our support ticket has been closed, Support team have been excellent, but product team so slow to fix it. 😞

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
MattyJ_09
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I'm having this same issue with my PowerApp. 

I will post back if they figure out anything, it is TrackingID#2010260030000869.

And the support tried to pass it off as a "Preview feature" Which it is NOT.

We paid for the licenses...etc. 

rmerydith
Helper I
Helper I

I have raised a support request as well. They asked me to run a PS Script to resolve the issue but it doesn't resolve it. Following to see if you get a resolution. I have asked to escalate. I'll let you know if I get an answer. 

I actually tried to use the Set-AdminPowerAppApisToBypassConsent in PowerShell to see if that would work and it didn't work for me.  I'm just assuming that is what they had you run.

Yep. That is the script they asked me to run. My app has been active for over 6 months and it didn't begin asking for Power BI permissions until the day this thread was created. I've asked to escalate because the tech working my ticket only responds every other day! I'll be in touch if I hear anything. 

I heard back from PowerApps support. The issue is a bug on their end and they will have it fixed by 11/9/2020. Continue to have your end users click allow for the time being. Have a good one! 

Thanks for the info.  I still haven't got anything back from my support ticket but if they are going to have a fix because of a bug on their end then I guess I don't need to worry about it.

THANKS!!!!

3ation
Resolver I
Resolver I

Interesting, since I opened the ticket, Over 10 days ago, they are still working on it.  The PowerShell will supress other permission request, but NOT PowerBI.   I am still waiting to hear back from them. 

spass001
Frequent Visitor

Same issue -PowerApps & Camera Permissions  waiting for solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,540)