cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3ation
Resolver I
Resolver I

PowerBI keeps requesting permissions from the user

We ran the powershell scripts to supress the permissions, but PowerBI Started ignoring this over a week ago (all others, SQL, Sharepoint...etc. are okay) , and now every time the customer runs this application, we get the prompt to give permission, We have a ticket with Microsoft for the last few days, and nothing resolved.. Customer is getting annoyed! Anyone has a workaround please? Thanks in advance

3ation_0-1603879069813.png

16 REPLIES 16

I got a response from Microsoft Support saying they are expecting this fix to be deployed today. 

"Hello Matthew,

My apologies for the delayed response.

We got an update from engineering team that the fix will be deploying on 12th November. I will keep you posted with the updates."

rmerydith
Helper I
Helper I

I keep getting promised that this issue will be fixed soon. They stated it would be fixed today 11/12 but still nothing. Support is becoming ridiculous anymore. 

Sadly, I have been told few times it was fixed and to try, and still have the same problem... Three weeks on, My customers are not happy, and this is a blocker for many of our integration, where one app calls another, and we keep getting these permissions... The support team =escalate to the Development team again and again, and sitll no resolution.  

@MattyJ_09 

Welcome to the club, We got this response twice now, and did not work... The support team are actively working with the Dev team, but we still have this 😞 

rmerydith
Helper I
Helper I

This issue has been resolved within our applications. Power BI is no longer requesting permissions each time. Are you all still having the issue ? 

I'm no longer having issues.  😁

3ation
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey guys, 

After 3+ weeks, the product team has fixed this....... 

Our support ticket has been closed, Support team have been excellent, but product team so slow to fix it. 😞

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,635)