cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanD2

PowerBI to PowerApps converts DateTime to Date automatically

I use integrated PowerApps in a PowerBI report. One of the fields is DateTime. When this field is transfered to PowerApps it's automatically converted to Date, what means lossing time information.

Why this happens and how to fix it?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JanD2,

Thank you for your post to the community. If you review the text property configured for the control, how is the Date and Time configured to be displayed in the app? You should be able to customize how this is displayed using the DateTimeValue function.

More information about how to do this is available here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/show-text-dates-times

More information about this function is also available here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-datevalue-timevalue

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory,  

Thank you for your answer.

The thing is that I am passing DateTime information through PowerBIIntegration dataset. I don't have any visibility on this dataset when it comes to settings. Later on, when I want to use this column in PowerApps formula, it says it's a DATE type.

I am attaching 2 screenshots one from PBI and one from PAPPS. 

Thank you 

Jan

RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JanD2

Thank you for your reply and the information. Were any changes recently made to the source data? Could you try to edit the app directly from the Power BI dashboard (as seen in this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Power-BI-Integration-Data-not-showing/td-p/9...) and let me know if you continue to experience this issue?

Thanks again,

Rory

senzero

Hello.  I know this thread is a year old but I am experiencing the exact same issue that JanD2 has clearly outlined above.  I do not see a solution.  I would like to know why a Datetime field in Power BI dataset passed to the embedded PowerApps visual converts it to Date type.  Moreover, when I use the following code:

Text(DateTimeValue(Gal_Selected_Anomaly.Selected.AckDate.Text, "en-US"))

I do get the correct time but when I save the Power Apps App and then go back to the embedded Power Apps visual in Power BI, I have lost the time component of the Datetime field.

In Power Apps:

senzero_0-1620680714395.png

In embedded Power Apps visual in Power Bi:

senzero_1-1620680848144.png

Please help.  Thank you.

Hi Senzero,

Did you find any solution to your problem?

I am also facing the exact same issue as you mentioned, in Power Apps time is correct, but when we see it as integrated in Power BI, it shows default time as 12:00AM

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,346)