cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() issue- Existing App

Hi, 

The new PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() functionality within PowerApps is very useful.!

One issue I am finding is if I use the PowerApp visual within PowerBI to connect to an existing App I do not get the .Refresh() function available. It only appears when you create a new app from the visual. 

Does anybody have a solution for this problem? 

Thanks, 

Luke

11 REPLIES 11
Dan14
Helper I
Helper I

Hello, I tried to add an existing app to the Power Bi online report. I typed in the Power Apps Gallery Items the PowerBIIntrgration.data. The data sources of the app are still the initial tables from SQL (used Directy Query to connect to Power Bi). When I filter the Gallery with the slicers from PowerBi, it works.

The PowerBiIntegration.Refresh() is showing an error though, so I've changed it to Refresh(Sql table name). I've done some tests and the writeback in SQL works, also the refresh in PowerBi Online. I assume that this workaround couldn't be that easy, so I am thinking it's a bug somewhere. Can you please help?

Thank you!

Thanks for the great suggestion. Out of curiosity, have you found a way to do this with a Power App created in the Teams Power Apps app? I tried this but was unsuccessful in uploading this so that it replaced the app successfully without erroring.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,992)