cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattP13
Resolver I
Resolver I

PowerBIIntegration connection not working?

Has anyone else been experiencing issues with creating a connection with PowerBIIntegration form the Powerapps visual in Power-BI?

I've been trying all day to create a connection and keep running into the same 2 problems:

1. Clicking the Powerapps studio button from the visual in PowerBI takes me to the Powerapps homepage instead of the actual powerapp in powerapps studio.

2. Sometimes I will receive a popup saying "Sorry there was an error with Powerapps studio"

I've tried creating a connection with both existing and new apps in different environments but keep hitting this roadblock.

Here are the details provided with the error message:

Failed to create or join session (API: JoinSession)xhr error. Status: 401, response: Invalid join token

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @MattP13 

I did a step by step walkthrough video some time back on Power Apps visuals in Power BI.

Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTUfX9HNdK0

Note: Power Apps visuals in Power BI are not supported for Gov tenants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

Update:

I just got it working. I took all the same steps but from the Power-BI service. Before I was attempting on the Power-BI Desktop.

🙃.

9 REPLIES 9
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @MattP13 

I did a step by step walkthrough video some time back on Power Apps visuals in Power BI.

Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTUfX9HNdK0

Note: Power Apps visuals in Power BI are not supported for Gov tenants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi @RezaDorrani ,

Thanks for the response. I thoroughly enjoy all the content you push out to help all of us in the community, you are a true asset!

I did watch this video and make sure that both my database environment version was up to date and that my TDS Endpoints setting was enabled in my environment but I am still running into the same issues 😞

Though the CDS data is imported via Dynamics Odata API within my Power-BI Report.

Would that be the reason I'm having this issue? 

Does the PowerApps visual in Power-BI only work by initiating via the "Analyze in Power BI" button within the entities section in PowerApps?

Update:

I just got it working. I took all the same steps but from the Power-BI service. Before I was attempting on the Power-BI Desktop.

🙃.

Reza Do you have a video using a previous created app , instead of creating one on the fly ?

Dave

Hi @DAVIDPOWELL ,

When you add the Power Apps visual and pass some data points to it, you will get the option to add an app or choose an app.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Correct and when I go into to choose the app I want(instead of creating one). No fields are coming up for me when I use the Powerbintegration object. ?  just one field called "Customer".  which I did not even choose.

in powerapps.  I have a question posted on this issue.  Thanks for the reply here.

Hi @DAVIDPOWELL ,

Did you try passing more data points to the Power Apps visual?

Then edit app directly from visual itself and publish app.

Caching issues are well known.

DAVIDPOWELL
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Reza, Yes,  followed the instructions to the rule.

DAVIDPOWELL
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

PowerBiIntegration_error.png

just an screenshot of the app showing no fields for powerbiintegration object ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,511)